RNGs in Online Poker: Share Your Insights & Statistics

Negodsky

Negodsky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GE
Chips
Hello everyone! I'm excited to be a new member of this community. As part of my research, I would like to ask your thoughts on RNG (Random Number Generator) in online poker. Do you trust it as a reliable source, or do you have concerns about its accuracy and impartiality? I would greatly appreciate any insights or statistics you can share. Thank you for your time and input!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello everyone! I'm excited to be a new member of this community. As part of my research, I would like to ask your thoughts on RNG (Random Number Generator) in online poker. Do you trust it as a reliable source, or do you have concerns about its accuracy and impartiality? I would greatly appreciate any insights or statistics you can share. Thank you for your time and input!
Aha - the can of worms topic! :geek:

An R.N.G. (in theory) is more effective at shuffling a pack of cards* than the vast majority of human dealers.

Of course any software is only as good as its programming.

The next worry after the shuffle is the distribution, haha… 😙🎵🎶

*A digital pack of cards at least, not seen any software shuffle up and deal a physical deck of playing cards yet… 😅

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
h, I would like to ask your thoughts on RNG (Random Number Generator) in online poker. Do you trust it as a reliable source,
YES! 100% trust! I never even give it a second thought. (wasted energy)
Questioning (doubting) the RNG is something typically done by newer players (or ones who have played for a good length of time, have never studied and are looking for an excuse for losing)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
YES! 100% trust! I never even give it a second thought. (wasted energy)
Questioning (doubting) the RNG is something typically done by newer players (or ones who have played for a good length of time, have never studied and are looking for an excuse for losing)
While I do agree with you that ‘doubting the RNG’ is wasted energy and one should either trust a site/RNG and play on it or not trust a site/RNG and not play on it, I feel it relevant to point out that the O.P. didn’t specify any particular site or RNG P.O., rather just seemed to ask generally.

I think to blanket trust 100% of all RNGs anywhere, ever - might be somewhat of an oversight.

Like if you come across some ropey, unknown site called “Bob’s Backyard blackjack” - it might not be all that good or legit, right..? :unsure:

With regards to all the major, licensed/regulated sites however, yes - they should all be trustworthy. 😊

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can to say only an one by this question: RNG in Poker is most of mysterious thing for Me! That's it! No comments!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Random Number Generator is a computer program that generates previously unknown combinations of numbers. For the first time, Planet Poker offered to play poker for real money on the Internet. It happened at the beginning of 1998. The security issues of playing in this format have seriously interested representatives of many high-tech companies, in particular, Cigital. The employees wanted to make sure the algorithms of the program were reliable, and Planet Poker, in response to requests and as a demonstration of their confidence in the RNG, published its source code. It didn't take long for the errors to be discovered.The first leak that security experts found was that if the deck was randomly shuffled, the first card could not change from the 52nd. Because of such a trifle, a significant deviation from absolute randomness was already observed.The duty of any poker room is to guarantee the security of generating random sequences of cards and the reliability of information transfer between the server and the game client. In this regard, the use of pseudo-random software generators is unacceptable, since there is a risk of hacking them and getting sequences of numbers by attackers. In other words, crackers will know what cards their opponents have dealt.Also on pokerstars there is a concept of "sufficient degree of randomness". Until the program realizes that the value is high, the cards are not dealt. For example, if there is not enough user data to form a combination of numbers, the distribution will start later. The delay will be only a few tenths of a second, so the player will not notice it, but the number generator will have enough time to convert the stream of random bits into numbers.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to the forum. This thread contain 14.000 posts about the topic of "rigged poker sites" spanning a period of 17 years. Most forum members including myself find it to be a waste of time to continue discussing this topic again and again with people, who claim online poker to be rigged, but are never able to present any kind of evidence to back up their claims. So if you have evidence go ahead and present it, but otherwise please post about something else :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Random Number Generator is a computer program that generates previously unknown combinations of numbers. For the first time, Planet Poker offered to play poker for real money on the Internet. It happened at the beginning of 1998. The security issues of playing in this format have seriously interested representatives of many high-tech companies, in particular, Cigital. The employees wanted to make sure the algorithms of the program were reliable, and Planet Poker, in response to requests and as a demonstration of their confidence in the RNG, published its source code. It didn't take long for the errors to be discovered.The first leak that security experts found was that if the deck was randomly shuffled, the first card could not change from the 52nd. Because of such a trifle, a significant deviation from absolute randomness was already observed.The duty of any poker room is to guarantee the security of generating random sequences of cards and the reliability of information transfer between the server and the game client. In this regard, the use of pseudo-random software generators is unacceptable, since there is a risk of hacking them and getting sequences of numbers by attackers. In other words, crackers will know what cards their opponents have dealt.Also on PokerStars there is a concept of "sufficient degree of randomness". Until the program realizes that the value is high, the cards are not dealt. For example, if there is not enough user data to form a combination of numbers, the distribution will start later. The delay will be only a few tenths of a second, so the player will not notice it, but the number generator will have enough time to convert the stream of random bits into numbers.

link?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Welcome to Cardschat Negodsky
This is an understandable question and has been asked many times. You might want to use our search tool to find topics that already exist.
View attachment 323552
he probably wants to listen to people now what their views on 09.02.2023 are and not the old indicators and opinions of people who were a very long time ago and will learn the latest news on this topic

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
coin condescending ****, yes it is still squirting

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Random Number Generator has a lot of Humor!

Here is some of the proof - from my cash game practice - preflop allin:

nl25splitpotpechfeb.png

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Random Number Generator has a lot of Humor!

Here is some of the proof - from my cash game practice - preflop allin:
As they say on the PokerStars streams: "Everyone loves a chopped pot" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's part of the game . Just deal with it . Learn how to play with it , how to manipulate it . Or else you will be in the red (loss) zone for ever lol

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
im still not quite sure how it works . does the RNG keep generating cards for the flop , turn and river , or is the whole deck set before the hand starts ? doesnt make much difference in practice , but its a huge philosophical question .

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
im still not quite sure how it works . does the RNG keep generating cards for the flop , turn and river , or is the whole deck set before the hand starts ? doesnt make much difference in practice , but its a huge philosophical question .
I was also interested in your question, and it turned out that all 5 cards were already determined before the distribution. This information is stored on the server side.

Here everything is the same as in live poker, there 5 cards are also "known" and just wait in the wings when they get it)

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course any software is only as good as its programming.
I think it's not quite right. A programmer can be given the task of compiling a number by simple multiplication and he can do it well. He has no complaints.)
Such random number generators should be designed not necessarily by programmers, but by people who will think through all the details.

However, I definitely don't want to think about it. Even if the generator does not create a 100% random number, then the player who sits at the table makes 100% decisions himself, and is to blame for his losses)

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
what we see at poker stars sometimes casts doubt on randomness. And this is not the only case. I thought that this only happens at micro stakes .

Attachments

• original.jpeg
    original.jpeg
    639.3 KB · Views: 5