Recommended poker videos?

TheJace

TheJace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I'm lookin for some good educational poker videos to watch. If you know of any good ones for an average player to watch (not beginner) please share them with me :confused: thanks!

L

lebleb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch rounders - its a great movie but I doubt it will increase your poker skill. It will just get you in a poker mood.

TheJace

TheJace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Rounders is a really good movie. I recommend the Cincinnati Kid for just entertainment I loved that one. But yeah anyone got any good educational ones they can recommend? The only good one I've seen is Phil Gordon's Final Table Poker.

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, there are loads of sites out there that sell poker videos but, needless to say, ya have to dip into ya wallet.

For free, you could type "online poker tutorials" into YouTube. (Hope this isn't classed as advertising.) My personal favourite is the guy who plays a $500 party poker Sit'n'Go. This one is in about 7 or 8 parts but it shows it from start to finish.

His patience and approach to the game is inspirational and I learnt just as much from this video than from Vorhaus and Harrington. In fact, just to labour the point a bit more, I went straight to the S&G tables after watching it and did very well indeed!

There are also some from the Dueces Cracked site.

Hope this helps.

pezjb

pezjb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Search YouTube for 'High Stakes Poker'.

C

chris640

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only poker videos i've ever watched are the Howard Ledderer instructional videos

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, PokerTube.com has a ton of videos you won't find on YouTube. I am not ashamed to admit I've seen everything on this site.

Thewebmaster

Thewebmaster

Freeroll #2 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talking of poker videos

Hi all,
Sorry can't help you on the vid question but there seems to be plenty of answers for you above, I have a question for any of the UK members who are about my age group (let's just say mid 30's+) by the way rounders was excellent, watched that thanks to you guys mentioning it here a while back.
Anyway my question is there was a series on british tv, I watched every episode but can't for the life of me remember the name or the star, he was a smallish bloke with curly hair, most of the time he lost at poker but even when he won he managed to get into trouble, either owed the money or got mugged or something, there was a catchy song at the beginning too that I can't remember, anyone have a clue what i'm talking about here, would appreciate it if someone can give me the name of the series, must have been back in the mid to late 80's (i think). Thanks in advance

Tony:)

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought five Hold'em DVDs. Annie Duke's two DVDs were the best of the lot. I think they were both about an hour and a half long. They were less than $15 each at Amazon. I also bought two videos by Phil Hellmuth and one by Mike Caro. Sad to say there wasn't much value in Hellmuth or Caro videos. Caro's was more of an advertizement for this other video as was the first video by Hellmuth.

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyway my question is there was a series on british tv, I watched every episode but can't for the life of me remember the name or the star, he was a smallish bloke with curly hair, most of the time he lost at poker but even when he won he managed to get into trouble, either owed the money or got mugged or something, there was a catchy song at the beginning too that I can't remember, anyone have a clue what i'm talking about here, would appreciate it if someone can give me the name of the series, must have been back in the mid to late 80's (i think). Thanks in advance

Tony:)

I think this is the programme you are referring to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Deal_%28TV_Series%29

Thewebmaster

Thewebmaster

Freeroll #2 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks turniphead

Hi all,
Thanks turniphead, yep that's the one, typical of the british, they get a great series then it stops while other ridiculous programs run for 10 or 20 years or more, that was a great series though, thanks.

Tony :)