Real or fake name?

JedKim

JedKim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should we use real or fake names when playing? I was wondering if there was SOME sort of advantage in either way

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Personally I find no reason to reveal any personal information at the poker tables especially since I am not a professional poker player. I use screen names.
But on partypoker some tournaments and cash games reveal your real name at the tables which is ok since is the same for everyone, I still play those games.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To use real names or not to use real names, Would you consider using a real name while playing online poker, many view it much like gaming. Pick a player name and go with it.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should we use real or fake names when playing? I was wondering if there was SOME sort of advantage in either way

For playing purpose you need users name. And it could be anything. Real or fake doesn't matter.
But at the time of opening account or registering you must give them your real identity otherwise you will face problems while withdrawing the funds.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hello.
If you are creating an account, it is obvious that you need to specify your real name and surname. Otherwise, you will not be able to verify your identity and your account will be blocked. But if you are talking about your screen name, then it does not matter, because the screen name can be real or it can be fictitious.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Since you said, "When playing" I assume you are not concerned with the real name necessary for the account.
So, if your real name is "Joseph Smith", would you use that for your 'playing' name? In my case, as with other posters, the answer is NO. My personal information is only used for necessary transactions.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No real no fake, just nick :)lol:). But they don't change the way of playing.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me there is no difference, it is how the player likes in the end if you want to see his statistics there are several pages