queries about online poker

M

mikemasteryoda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im from britain, but all the poker sites i have found are american, when you are playing for money, does the site automatically convert from pounds to US dollars when cashing in/out?? any help or other helpful information about online poker would be much appreciated....

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, they convert the dollars to pounds when you cash out. On neteller i think there is a small fee you have to pay to get your money converted.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, although they all seem to cipher in US $, no poker sites are really American. That'd be ILLEGAL!

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im from britain, but all the poker sites i have found are american, when you are playing for money, does the site automatically convert from pounds to US dollars when cashing in/out?? any help or other helpful information about online poker would be much appreciated....

Yes, usually at the deposit stage, there is some device that shows you exactly how much of your precious GBP will be converted into those US dollars.

EG. If you submit a deposit of £100, the converter thing will show you that it will amount to $200 (approx). After you submit, and assuming it is accepted, when you go to the lobby screen you will then see (immediately in most cases) that your balance is at $200.