Push the call button by accident and get away with it!

D

Dare

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone ,

Did you ever push the call button by accident and called a monster in online poker clients ?
Here's to avoid it with a trick i learned myself.

When you click on the call button , hold the mouse button down , drag the pointer to a place on the screen where there is no button at all ! And let go of the button.

The click is cancelled and you can do what you wanted to do.
Ofcourse i'm talking about a mouse click on a windows computer maybe on a Mac to .

Greetings from Dare

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I learned that from doing it too.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened 2 times. One I won a big boat, the other I lost everything. Definitely not a good way to play

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol it happens but not very much lately, it's very nice and satisfying when you win by accident, isn't it? :)

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I hate when that happens :eek:) I did it to many times only winning once or twice I learned to just be patient and wait for my turn.

N

NUTZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tht actually happened to me once and recently too.
I was the BB and was multi tabling and was clicking the call button on another table when the other table popped up.

i had 2 , 5 OFF (ACTUALLY it wasNT the call button it was the raise and it was a raise after the player before me just raised.
Anywayz he called, and the flop was 2 , 5 , 5

i felt like a BOSS LOL

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive both won and lost doing this. Im much more careful now and it hasnt happened in a while..

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I had this when in late position, I accidentally pressed the button and went olyn with bad cards against three and took the pot. Poker - a game and it happens such a pleasant surprise!

I

Index12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had that happen to me today. Q 8 off against person to the right of me and flopped an 8 against one jack(I forgot what the villain’s kicker was) pair. I called his rather large bets twice and ended up flopping a set on the river to knock him out.

Last edited:
dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me many times at PS when i wanted to check box with check/fold and suddently someone rise and i pushed call. Few times i won but most of misscliks ends by all in and end of playing :)

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens. Once I misclicked and called with a (T,2-o) and won with a T-high

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning with a misclick is the greatest feeling. :D:D

S

syracuse911

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing this post gives me ptsd. I have never been so lucky to have a fortunate accident.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Done it a few times. Mostly when I’m tired and should be sleeping instead of penny grinding at 2am.

Done the pokerstars special as well when tired. That’s when I’m itching to insta-raise a guy the second the buttons come up and instead donkey call an opponent’s all in bet.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
It happens a bit, just like hitting the fold button by accident, I accidentally folded a monster pot I would have won a couple of days ago. :(

:top:

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi everyone ,

Did you ever push the call button by accident and called a monster in online poker clients ?
Here's to avoid it with a trick i learned myself.

When you click on the call button , hold the mouse button down , drag the pointer to a place on the screen where there is no button at all ! And let go of the button.

The click is cancelled and you can do what you wanted to do.
Ofcourse i'm talking about a mouse click on a windows computer maybe on a Mac to .

Greetings from Dare

I recently called someone's all in by mistake (most or all of my chips) with 25 off and they had an even lower hand lol I won the hand.. was crazy!
Good tip though, thanks :)

D

Dare

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You must feel lucky now !

Haven't we all had some lucky trip down luck lane ?
But i'm glad i have this trick now when it succeeds by doing it right!
:ciao: