infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often play poker using WiFi. I have never encountered any problems. All my accounts have been verified by security services. I think I have nothing to worry about.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will never use them. Cannot be safe, I would guess that your login and password
could be stolen. Your account info at risk?

D

djsviga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should be cautions when using public wifi and make sure you have a back up 4G in case you lose signal, you don't want to be involved in a big hand, final table or even just short stack and lose connection, it may end up costing a lot. Just be cautions would be my advise. GL!

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Public wi-fi has risks - so I prefer not to login to any account that could have my login and password skimmed.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used it several times and I did not have any problems in the game. Although I think it's better to use your own network

L

lalipip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For everyone

The public Internet is nice but not to quiet not least poker games and generally the public Internet it is more used than less than game in poker or a history report

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is a server that you know I think there is no problem with security, the biggest obstacle is the stability of the internet, which often may not be good and end up complicating your game.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really don't see any problem with it. Was looking for a house and staying with a friend who didn't have the internet. Played a few weeks and a Taco Bell while in a weekend series. No problems, no concerns or anything else for that matter.

This was several years ago, perhaps these days with all the hackers, might ask how secure the guest wifi is.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I used public wi-fi in a burger king, after a while I lost access to my page.
Draw your own conclusions.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never played, but from what I'm reading here, do not see anything wrong, so I'd play yes.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not trust public access points. Purely wander around the sites, read the news and everything.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever you use public wifi to access an account such as PokerStars, or your bank, it is possible that some villain is scanning/caching all the traffic on that wifi network.

If you only use your poker site login for play money, and use a different password from your other sensitive logins, then theft of your login access is not as serious. Of course, any info about you that is stored in your profile on that site is compromised.

In summary, NO - DO NOT USE PUBLIC wifi for any account logins.

Wait a minute. When you log into pokerstars with a saved password it displays echo off (as a bunch of dots). Wouldnt this be what the snooper sees as well?

I would think as long as you dont type any passwords that dont actually display characters on your screen, that you would be safe. Please provide citation if you state that this is incorrect.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like to play poker in public spot. It isn't really safe because others will peek at you. This might lead to federal investigation. I think the feds don't really care just have a job to do.

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can break at the most important moment and I think it is not it comfortable but you decide

Marctowin

Marctowin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Public Wi-Fi is safe. Its main drawback is a poor connection and numerous users. Servers are overloaded and block access to the game at the right time for you.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly it should be safe, but you should maybe contact your provider (ps in this case) support and ask them are there any issues if you play on a public network and if they mind it, which they wont, but they might be less inclined to help you if you encounter problems while using public network (eg. lost money or anything simillar)

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I guess you never read anything about man in the middle attach and sniffing??

H

Haftus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be careful

In my opinion you should be careful, because in open wifi it should be pretty easy for some people to get your password or information. It depends how much is your bankroll. If you have much money on your account I would recommend to not play there.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the passwords are usually encrypted but there are also other info that is not and maybe this can be used against you.

G

gotchanutts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your rolling the dice if using your personal info on public wifi. You may get lucky several times and nothing bad happen but it only takes one time and its not worth it!

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I do not see any problem to play in such a network repeatedly tried and nothing sluchi.No definitely prefer another type of connection.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, what wi-fi are you talking about, if it is cafe’s wi-fi - than it is safe, but if it is shopping centre, I don’t recommend you to play there.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have not thought so far if it's safe to play through wi-fi publicly! However, I log in with a password, it should be safe! I see many comments that I should not, I will try to avoid in the future.

Safe Poker Sites