Public opinion - More chasers online?

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think people chase drawing hands more online? Or do you think because most of the games I play online at are low stake games and people could care less if they lose ten dollar or less tourneys. Challenges of a small bank roll.
About how much do you think before the players take it seriously? Why would you play at a level you don't take seriously? Guess I'm full of questions today.Let's play poker:eek:

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think people chase drawing hands more online? Or do you think because most of the games I play online at are low stake games and people could care less if they lose ten dollar or less tourneys. Challenges of a small bank roll.
About how much do you think before the players take it seriously? Why would you play at a level you don't take seriously? Guess I'm full of questions today.Let's play poker:eek:
Bring it on right? As long as your getting your chips in when you are ahead you will come out on top in the long run! Have you done any research on G Bucks or Sklanksy dollars?

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess both sides chasing draw more. I think it depends to a player, not to whether it's online or offline. The higher the stakes the less amount of bad players. That's just my opinion though.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or do you think because most of the games I play online at are low stake games and people could care less if they lose ten dollar or less tourneys.
I think there's a lot of truth in that statement.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tired

Tired of hearing you got it in good you will win in the long run. I can't wait ten million hands to even up. I want to have a few tourney where I suck out on people five or six times. Maybe not because that would mean I made bad play. Rather just let my hands hold. I would accept 50 percent at this junction. Just let half of the drawing hands hit. I stay out of hands that can hit both straight or flush that I'm not hiring on. Way to too many outs to get suck outs. Just even out the play is all I ask.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

People be playing any 2 cards much higher buy ins then 11 dollars gamblers know any 2 cards any position may just take it down.
Guys have shoved 53 suited at me in $1000 dollar games when blinds low and not necessary crushed my AK too when mighty 3 ball hits the river:eek:
Your right lets play poker:)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play live MTTs, but I'd say a lot of players are willing to chase a lot more online because theres always another MTT starting up. From my own experience, I'm willing to push a lot more draws/situations where I may not be a favorite equity wise, but I have some fold equity and a chance to outdraw. I might 3bet jam a bottom pair with a gutshot draw, for example. I might be willing to call a standard c-bet to see if I peel of some extra equity on the turn. For example if I have 5s6s and the flop is As2h7c and opponent makes a c-bet, I might call to try and peel off a 4, 8, or another spade on the turn and to rep an A and see if I can get to river for free when it goes check-check.

It could also have to do with players not worrying about losing $1 in an MTT. Some players play for fun and they're willing to take more risks than other players. I play for fun, so I might gamble a bit more in certain spots and get lucky.

As far as what level people get serious, you're going to get this at all levels you play. Obviously is may be a lot less at the higher stakes but they're still there.

Last edited:
Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess both sides chasing draw more. I think it depends to a player, not to whether it's online or offline. The higher the stakes the less amount of bad players. That's just my opinion though.
I also believe that a more adequate level of the game will be a game from $ 10 buy-in and up where a solution and a loss already have value.
it all depends on the player

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play live MTTs, but I'd say a lot of players are willing to chase a lot more online because theres always another MTT starting up. From my own experience, I'm willing to push a lot more draws/situations where I may not be a favorite equity wise, but I have some fold equity and a chance to outdraw. I might 3bet jam a bottom pair with a gutshot draw, for example. I might be willing to call a standard c-bet to see if I peel of some extra equity on the turn. For example if I have 5s6s and the flop is As2h7c and opponent makes a c-bet, I might call to try and peel off a 4, 8, or another spade on the turn and to rep an A and see if I can get to river for free when it goes check-check.

It could also have to do with players not worrying about losing $1 in an MTT. Some players play for fun and they're willing to take more risks than other players. I play for fun, so I might gamble a bit more in certain spots and get lucky.

As far as what level people get serious, you're going to get this at all levels you play. Obviously is may be a lot less at the higher stakes but they're still there.

Well said. On one hand lots of players don't care about a couple of bucks and just take more chances, and honestly grind wise I think at lower micro stakes that's just fine because it's easily replaceable. On the other hand people with tons of money might do the same at high stakes because for them a few grand it like a few cents, but obviously as poker players trying to make a profit we don't want to be like those folks higher up, we want to capitalize on that.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it really depends on what type of game you're in. For example ring-game or sng/mtt, size of table, etc. For the serious grinder (no matter what stake) trying to make some $ the smaller the number of players at the table will definitely favor the better hand because of the odds, imo. Heads-up is the best way to avoid suckouts. MTT's have that allure of investing a little to make a lot more so players are going to try and see every street w/a beckoning flop. Single table sng's are nice, as well, because the money is right there at the table and not 50 tables away. In this day and age it's harder for folx to repeatedly cash in MTT's since every player has access to strategy and know-how, so fish are rare. Limit the number of players at the table and the success we all want should be within reach. GL folx and may the flop be w/you! :thrasher:

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play while on microlimits. Just sometimes luck comes in MTT, sometimes in 9-max, sometimes in free tournaments. The main thing is not to run for high limits, if the bankroll is really growing slowly. I also think that the higher the limit, the harder it is to play. And I also noticed that tournaments with big prizes are very difficult to play, often you lose them. Because there is a completely different structure, closer to the cache. Although I do not play the cache.

fadisn

fadisn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with "people could care less if they lose ten dollar or less tourneys."
Many challenges/shoves with really low hands has no other explanation than that !

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends mainly on the player but also the type of game and the amount to engage .on is never safe from a free electron but the higher the buy-in, the less risk you take to play against this type of player.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think on or off line:0) Real card players chase it gives us that rush. But there are those bingo players that normally play in the freerolls probably cause its not there money:0)

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think people definitely chase draws more online. I feel like especially at low stakes, people are very impatient and don't take as much time to consider their pot odds before calling. Maybe it's because the pace is faster in general, maybe because a lot of people are multi-tabling.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

100% more chasers online at low limits.

It is just too easy to click "call" again and again.

You should exploit these tendencies at the tables you are at and make it an advantage for you.

You can't actually make a player fold. All you can really do is make it more expensive. And...sometimes the villain gets there on the river.

Good luck !

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing that might be skewing this observation is the fact that many of the online rooms also have sports betting in some way or another. This tends to led to an influx of players, especially at the micro stakes, that won a few bucks here and there and want to play a game of poker who may not necessarily know how to play the game.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

True now, true in the past, will be true in the future. Just like there will be people whining when their poc A's only hold up 78% of the time. Human nature accept it & take their money.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CHASERS

I know from playing both live & online the higher the stakes the less chasers in my opinion.
I know online in the low stakes games like 2 cents 5 cents and 5 cents 10 cents there it seems like a freeroll at times the way people play. However when playing in a $1 / $2 game lots less chasers it seems.

Just my opinion.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know from playing both live & online the higher the stakes the less chasers in my opinion.
I know online in the low stakes games like 2 cents 5 cents and 5 cents 10 cents there it seems like a freeroll at times the way people play. However when playing in a $1 / $2 game lots less chasers it seems.

Just my opinion.
the more expensive the game, the more serious the attitude of players who value time is money and their desire