Pro's Vs Noobs Which do you prefer to play online?

B

Blaze716

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself would rather play with pros. Even though noobs can often times be beaten easily. The amount of donks and river rats I come across with noobs just annoy me to no end. At least with pro's I know I'm not often gonna lose to someone having 8-2 or whatever other junk they just play for no reason.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The difference between beginners and pros is that beginners are just having fun, while pros think carefully about their every step. Therefore, for me, playing against a beginner is an experience of what not to do, and playing against a pro is a way to gain knowledge gained over the years of their work on the game.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course vs worse players. This is how you earn money in poker. Of course recreational players build more variance in poker but in opposite more of your winnings is because you are better than recreational players. Most of the winnings come from them.

If recreational player shows you 82o in some silly spot then you should be happy. In a long run (because poker is game of long run- not single hands) you will win huge amonut money from them.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your poker goals. If you only care about becoming good at poker and the challenge of the game, then naturally you would prefer to play pros and strong players all of the time...just don't expect to win as often :D

Conversely, if you are trying to make as much profit as you can (or "easier profit"), then you want to be playing as many recreational players (noobs, fish, dinks etc.) as possible. Note that your skill level doesn't matter a bunch here. Even if you are a pro, you typically want to be playing against bad players. Pros won't willingly face other pros if they are purely after profit and winning; similar with regs interaction with each other, they tend to stay out of each others way most of the time and only take a stand occasionally so they don't get pushed around.

I find value both in playing good players (like pros) as well as the recreational player (like noobs), but you 100% want to be playing the latter group if you want to win a lot. I like winning as much as the next player, so you know what group I'll go after if I have the choice and want to win :cool: