Profile picture tells?

jrutledge

jrutledge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to see tons of baby pictures on stars. I could never figure out who in the world would put a picture of their baby on a gambling website.

Lmao pokerstars doesn’t seem like the right place for baby pics.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure that it is impossible to connect the style of the game with the image of the profile. But sometimes it is possible to cause emotions in another player with an image on the profile, if it is not ordinary. I would not spend time studying such tells because of low efficiency.

L

LogyJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is much of translations of players pics. Someone uses an image that motivates him and stops him from stupid plays. Somone uses to dissipate rest of players. I must admit that some are well thought out. But if pic are the most stupid, the easier it is to remember player plays =)

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avatars are rarely informative, but sometimes avatars and nicknames provide useful information. Information in poker is never superfluous.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the players at the table, you can find out who is who on the game,not the photos

the pictures of people playing will not be better

Last edited by a moderator:
mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not pay attention to the pictures during the game. I think it can not characterize the player. But, I suppose that the picture of a shark is likely to be used by a small fish.
What you can assume about me on my picture on the forum?;)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You people... lol. Ugly babies? Nice boobs? You guys make my day. How many of u are going to be at the ACR freeroll 2nite? I now plan to change my avatar every other hand. I just wonder if they're ever going to have one that u can change from bushy to shaven to decorative to weeping to... okay, sorry.
I personally do not believe that crap matters, although does anyone remember Tom Dwan/drrrr's or Victor Blom/Isildur1's avatar on FT? It was the puppy and the wizard. Make of that what u will. I know... :sleep:

D

Dallas4life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pictures

hey guys, so i was sitting at the table looking at all the different profile pics of the players and was thinking,'can i figure what kind of player he/she is purely with their choice of picture'?......

do people pick their pics, to confuse people......i.e...player 1 might have a big shark, when in reality he is a fish trying to come across as somebody who knows the game, therefore getting respect from other fishy players..*obv a good player would work out a player regardless if they had jaws or nemo*.....

on the other hand, do 'expert or good players' pick random pics like, beaches, animals, blue skys to trick the fish into thinking they are fish too.....

then theres the evil clowns and monsters......is that to scare the nits lol....

do you think a pro pic could change how someone perceives you, resulting in how much action you get when you bet etc?...
how do we put a profile pic on the site for our carecture instead of the ones they offer

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
how do we put a profile pic on the site for our carecture instead of the ones they offer
It depends on whether the site offers that avatar option. Pokerstars, BetOnline/Sportsbetting, and any Merge site has that option.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is this: Photos of the players say nothing about themselves. I look at the behavior of the players, as they play with me. I look at the tables individually. Today I can win this opponent, and tomorrow I’m afraid to sit at the same table with him.

L

LogyJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion is this: Photos of the players say nothing about themselves. I look at the behavior of the players, as they play with me. I look at the tables individually. Today I can win this opponent, and tomorrow I’m afraid to sit at the same table with him.
It is true that every time you have to sit to play with respect for the other player and know that today may be better than yesterday, he also grow up his knowledge.

rodolforrl

rodolforrl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for min counts as much as nationality also

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys, so i was sitting at the table looking at all the different profile pics of the players and was thinking,'can i figure what kind of player he/she is purely with their choice of picture'?......

do people pick their pics, to confuse people......i.e...player 1 might have a big shark, when in reality he is a fish trying to come across as somebody who knows the game, therefore getting respect from other fishy players..*obv a good player would work out a player regardless if they had jaws or nemo*.....

on the other hand, do 'expert or good players' pick random pics like, beaches, animals, blue skys to trick the fish into thinking they are fish too.....

do you think a pro pic could change how someone perceives you, resulting in how much action you get when you bet etc?...
I use picture that i like,some hero from game or anymal like shark or lion because thats is my favorite anymal,but i hear that proos pick pic to confuse you,just go online and write their names on some program ande find how they play if you confused by pictures!!

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't pay much attention to others players avatars, only once that I saw a player with an "all in" avatar, I remember because I was multitabling and I got confused thinking he moved all in..
So: at least the all-in avatar works!

The trick is to convert the 'data' into 'information'.
Be it the avatar, the id, the country, the gender, the social status, the age.
Initially that's all you;ve got.
Slowly, when collecting more poker info you can discard it.
Maybe best is to start at sharkscope? What y'all think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think a player’s avatar doesn't say anything at all. there might be a goldfish and in fact a shark player:D:D

N

nomorkevm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think screen names give off more tells than a profile picture. I actually thought about this the other day when someone's name really did resemble their play. :p

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't pay attention to the images of other players, and I think that the choice of image does not depend on how he plays

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assure you, many players do not even think when choosing an avatar.
They like the picture and they put it, but it definitely does not affect the game.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely it tells, but I don’t really pay attention to this.

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the photo does not mean anything about the quality of the player. It is just a personalized identification or entertainment to make the table more pleasant.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I beleive it is half and half you never know what someone chooses a pic for. Some probably choose for there persona, and some for trickery. It is something i do to though, kinda fun to wonder about others:0) Good luck out there and keep grinding;)

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love when there profile picture is a donkey. Is this to mindf*** you. Are they a donkey. Or are they a pro. Lol I also like when the profile pic is a sexy lady. You dont actually know who that picture is of. It's very distracting. Some sites allow you to get rid of pics. Good luck

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you should use a black profile picture so they cannot read you.

Poker Tells