Professional poker

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it still possible to make your income solely on online poker these days? I have been studying for last few months and training my ranges. When I came to hustle on pokerstars I could not help to notice how difficult it has gotten to play, every move feels like a gamble. Sometimes I bump into recreational players or some that are not that good but still struggle to get results..

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its possible but not easy, and its probably not a good idea for most people to even try. It does depend, where you live though. In countries with a low cost of living its obviously going to be easier, especially if you dont have family obligations.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it still possible to make your income solely on online poker these days? I have been studying for last few months and training my ranges. When I came to hustle on pokerstars I could not help to notice how difficult it has gotten to play, every move feels like a gamble. Sometimes I bump into recreational players or some that are not that good but still struggle to get results..
Yes game becomes harder and harder. More players, more info in the net to learn, other players with money use HUD, many barriers. I would say because of all that there is really small percentage of players who really make money with poker for living. So if you are having a dream of becoming a pro or to get some decent money with poker, i would strongly recommend you to get some other dream.

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Make ANY money? Yes.

Make enough to keep you coming back to play? Yes.

Make enough to live on? Yes, but SOOOOO unlikely.

Become a pro? 99.999999% no chance.