Posture - mine's terrible playing poker. How about yours?

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have the best posture to begin with, but it's ten times worse playing online. I have a decent chair, but a chair only kind of, sort of helps if you're leaning back. I'm leaning forward much more often toward my laptop, than I'm leaning back.

Anyone else have this problem? And does anyone have a good remedy or tricks they use to promote good posture while playing?

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I sit in my chair a lot. I always make sure my back is straight. I used to sit in a chair every night from 7 to 6 in the morning. I had no problem with it yet. At noon when I get up I tend to justify a little. It may help me not to have pain. And I don’t tend to lean forward because my monitor is big enough. :)

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same...i need to balance my life and start exercising again

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally I play more from my smartphone, and I play on chair, couch, bed, on the floor... I am thinking about buy a comfortable armchair, I also think in buy another PC and make a better place to study, work, and play sometimes.

I have a bad posture and I don't exercise.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i get up every hour and go to the horizontal bar to pull myself up to stretch my back

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to all of us, it is the simple fact of sitting for a long time, it gets worse if you also have poor posture in general. Improve overall posture, beyond playing poker or not. Strength exercises, resistance (walking), stretching, corrective posture exercises. I find that sitting without using the backrest is more beneficial.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play laying down in bed because I can’t stand playing for a long time sitting in a chair. I’m still young so no pain for now, but I know that my posture is awful :(

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, you need to be comfortable and convenient during the long game. I think that comfort directly affects our patience and our decisions accordingly.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Comfortable or not?

Hello. I play sitting at the kitchen's table. Every once in a while, I will play sitting in our recliner. Neither seems to affect how I feel.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pace arround...while I play, but sometimes I seat or lie down

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yup, also have terrible posture and have back issues. in the process of moving, but once done plan to set myself up properly.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mine is bad when i sit sometimes. i stretch a lot during breaks or, if i need to, i'll stand up and play.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to use the back of the seat and now I also try to sit with my legs wide open, in order to keep my balance, with the intention of not curving my lower back.
Greetings tell me if it works! :confused::top:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not have such a problem. I only play poker online, and a few months ago, I bought myself a very comfortable chair in which I always feel comfortable. Also, I never play poker for more than 4-6 hours in a row, so I never feel particularly tired.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It IS important to have a proper posture while sitting at the computer. Think it over - it affects your health and probably poker performance. There are articles how to sit properly. Do it.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think you should just buy a chair in which you will be comfortable playing poker. Obviously, your results will depend on your comfortable location during the game.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Yeah, true. Mine is not good as well. Really need to work on that.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do workout before any long session, especially grinding sessions.

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the notebook and generally I'm lying on the bed or sofa for hours, when I want to remember everything hurts just to move hahaha

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is an important aspect of playing poker, especially for longer periods. I always ensure that my posture is ok so that I minimize and avoid any health related problems.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play lying! I know it's not the best option, but I can't imagine how you can play while sitting on a chair and not even lean your back

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing is to have a good gaming chair and I am not saving on it. Besides, after a few hours of playing, everyone seems to be getting uncomfortable. Alternatively, you can switch to a mobile device and lie down: P

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on armchair reclining the back of the chair. I also get up every break.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have the best posture to begin with, but it's ten times worse playing online. I have a decent chair, but a chair only kind of, sort of helps if you're leaning back. I'm leaning forward much more often toward my laptop, than I'm leaning back.

Anyone else have this problem? And does anyone have a good remedy or tricks they use to promote good posture while playing?

I prefer to play lying on the bed with my phone in hand. In fact, as for me, this is the most comfortable position for the game))

I don't use a computer at all, although I have a powerful and gaming Intel core i5