Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Howdy, CC players!
I know, this is a question more directed for the ones who detain programing, computers software or hardware knowledge. Or anybody heard some about it already?

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Well, if there are some people who can see the players hole cards it must be the company itself besides that I think that Poker rooms in general can detect such activities.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is impossible, because if he can see the papers, he can take the money if he takes the money, so why does he look at the papers?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is impossible, because if he can see the papers, he can take the money if he takes the money, so why does he look at the papers?
IMO (in my opinion), take the money is another completely different story, for it involves other paths.
The experts around here correct me, please.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Anything is possible. I am more interested in someone being able to know what the 5 cards are that are going to come on the community board. I've been shoved at aipf with air into my premium pairs enough to suspect something is up when they keep hitting their miracle draws.

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if there are some people who can see the players hole cards it must be the company itself besides that I think that Poker rooms in general can detect such activities.
I completely agree with you it cannot be otherwise.in general, such a thing cannot happen

JeLeuMic

JeLeuMic

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There can be only aliens that can see the cards :), no one can.

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you play online on reputed sites, as in the case of pokerstars, you can rest assured, as it is audited monthly, I even believe that greater transparency on this would be of great importance to players, but only use known Apps.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The only way this happens is that this hacker/cracker has put a virus on the affected person's computer, this happened a few years ago and the affected player had suspected something and decided to notify the room where he played and after some investigation they determined that the other player could see the other person's cards

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s certainly possible to hack an individual computer and see everything that happens on screen.

Also, obviously the poker site can see everyone’s cards. So if they were hacked that would not only be bad, it would likely be the end of the poker site if word got out.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lernt in another thread today that there be real witches practicin magic, excuse me real magic, running around. Who knows one or more of them could be hanging around the online tables. o_O

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lernt in another thread today that there be real witches practicin magic, excuse me real magic, running around. Who knows one or more of them could be hanging around the online tables. o_O
1 or 200 more like! Chicken Little texted me today in regards to something about this... & something about the sky too... I didn't bother to look because I'm playin' the pokerz in my office.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Progress is moving forward so fast that it is no longer surprising. I think that creating such a spyware is not a problem, but the problem is how long it will last and whether it can pay for itself.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes this has happened. There was the infamous Ultimate Bet / Absolute Poker scandal many years ago.

And there have also been cases, where individual players have had spyware placed on their computers, so that the cheating opponent could see their hole cards. Doug Polk has told, that he was a victim of this, and Peter Jepsen was given a jail sentense for cheating several opponents in this way.

So yes it has happened and more than just once. But for me its certainly not something, an ordinary micro or low stakes player need to be concerned about.

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well it's already happend. Check out the ultimate bet and absolute poker scandels

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Howdy, CC players!
I know, this is a question more directed for the ones who detain programing, computers software or hardware knowledge. Or anybody heard some about it already?
I think only the poker room can see your cards or spy 🕵️‍♀️ wear on your device.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Anything is possible. I am more interested in someone being able to know what the 5 cards are that are going to come on the community board. I've been shoved at aipf with air into my premium pairs enough to suspect something is up when they keep hitting their miracle draws.
It's amazing the risky plays some of those freerollers will make! I mean why would they risk their stack, putting it all on the line with trashy hands??? It makes no sense. It makes much more sense to me that they can see the cards before they're dealt.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a company values its reputation, money and customers, this will never happen)

D

david666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it could happen, they would have to detect it, and if it happened I don't want to know since I wouldn't trust the online game anymore and I wouldn't play it again, I prefer not to know or believe

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes this has happened. There was the infamous Ultimate Bet / Absolute Poker scandal many years ago.

And there have also been cases, where individual players have had spyware placed on their computers, so that the cheating opponent could see their hole cards. Doug Polk has told, that he was a victim of this, and Peter Jepsen was given a jail sentense for cheating several opponents in this way.

So yes it has happened and more than just once. But for me its certainly not something, an ordinary micro or low stakes player need to be concerned about.
So my thread makes sense. Thank you for your contribution.