Positive minds

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more you think posetivly, the more posetive you feel, the more posetive you are
the more positive you act, it all exponentially increases.
Not just in poker but if you become a posetive person, you atracts more posetive people
and you will get more posetive outcomes.
You will be a happier person and deal with bad beats much easier, and in the end it
will show up posetive in you bankroll.

Stay posetive out there :dancing:

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wrong conclusion. . these lines are relative to books about psychology and are more suitable in the field of marketing and sales....[emoji6]
A poker player should in no way be positive ..sue any feelings at all ..treat poker like a business.
To get into the tilt may well serve as a positive thinking, it will prevent to think as it should

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Positive thinking and persistence are good qualities, in my opinion. In poker, perhaps more so the latter. It's easy to quit or give up when you're down, but sticking with it, you'll make it.

P

Plan_l8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
staying positive and motivated - good strategy.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am 100% positive will final table this tournament and win it one day only matter of time:)

June week 2

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1k Post. I feel you will FT this very soon

I am 100% positive will final table this tournament and win it one day only matter of time:)

View attachment 222731

With the experience you have, i feel its a matter of time before you hit the final table, positive thoughts my friend...

Previous discussion on this topic in Cardschat suggest both sides of the argument below

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/positive-thinking-helping-310223/

Best wishes to all today...:icon_king:icon_king

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience & Enjoyment

The experience says:

a) Obtaining experience, in any activity, is fundamental. That means you must practice, practice and practice. If you play seriously and often, you will get better results. Playing seriously means paying attention to what happens in different scenarios, such as the position on the table, the size of the stacks and the tendencies of the players.

b) Playing seriously also means enjoying it. It's amazing, but a few months ago I was always angry losing with a great hand. Today I laugh out loud, especially when the villain has played craftily or has had a hellish luck.

It's incredible: When I learned to enjoy the game, I improved substantially. I have noticed that many top players really enjoy the game. :dancing2:

The first time I played poker in my life was in pokerstars. I played a freeroll satellite with 10,000 other players. It was totally insane: halfway there I was almost out of contention with 200 chips. I could not even bet since the BB was much bigger than my stack. Interestingly, I was winning all the required all-in and regained positions. I overcame the bubble and, although it seems absurd, I reached the final table. I did not win the trip to the tournament in Sao Paulo, brazil, but I got my first cash. It took me almost a year to get back to a final table and win a freeroll.

You know what? I think I got to that final table in my first freeroll because the rookies are usually lucky, but also because I was relaxed and tried to apply what I had read before I dared to participate. Unfortunately, after that tournament I forgot the "positive thing" and I started to get tense. Consequence: I played bad for a long time. :mad:

Anyway, as colleagues say: be positive. Seriously positive and cheerful. :D

See you at some final table.

Cheers,

UnTalTales

Last edited:
A

Albert 1986

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to play by circumstance, if aggressive players are at the table, then we play carefully only with good cards, if careful players at the table means we play aggressively, that’s the whole secret.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Positive: Yes, but Realistic; If the hand is lost, Just quit ; don’t keep betting because you are positive. If you Do, then You will be a Positive Looser! :call:

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are right, being positive you will rarely tilt, you will review the move, if it is just a bad beat you will ignore it by knowing that it is part of the game, but if it is your mistake, you will analyze where you went wrong and will correct , without drama.

Of course you will have a relapse sometimes, because we are all human, but being positive you overcome faster.

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
emotions hinder the game! need to keep cool!

R

RB89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The more you think posetivly, the more posetive you feel, the more posetive you are
the more positive you act, it all exponentially increases.
Not just in poker but if you become a posetive person, you atracts more posetive people
and you will get more posetive outcomes.
You will be a happier person and deal with bad beats much easier, and in the end it
will show up posetive in you bankroll.

Stay posetive out there :dancing:

Positivity effects all aspects of life. This definitely translates into positive poker playing. However, it doesn't take away the aspect of variance within the game. So poker is definitely the game that will test your patience.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Positive thinking helps to tolerate bad beats and thus avoid tilt.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bob Marley has a song called (Positive Vibration) I believe that positive feeling have influence during the game.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Philosophical reasoning can be applied to anything, I'm just a realist...

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that positive people live in their imaginary world, but real life is dark and cruel, and no matter how many positive people are around, we die one after another ... life is prosaic.

I also want to believe in fairy tales ... but illnesses stifle any good fruit of fantasy.

I don’t understand how to be tolerant when your money is being stolen at the table and you still have to smile nicely and shake hands ... for me these are enemies.

and even knowledge aimed at harm in poker, that would take someone else's money ... or bluffing is a hoax, that is, learning to improve my sin .... such thoughts sometimes torment me.

Is it interesting to have a positive mind with a scientist who created a nuclear bomb? It seems a brilliant scientist, and he does not press the button .... but he is the creator, is his mind positive? Why do positive minds invent weapons if we are all so positive ..

Last edited:
M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thought has to be positive to master poker.
Poker is art of mind and gambling united in the same act. When you play poker you have to apprehend the situation, this is the most difficult task of the player, I still can not control my emotions.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got beat down last week still positive will turn my 2 dollar satellite win into 100k one day.:boxing::hahaha:
June week 2

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
If you are constantly on the positive, you will be more and more like a person who is a little out of his mind. Simply put, you will look like an idiot.
You should not be a positive, but a balanced person.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Pitfall of Positive Thinking

Positive thinking is all well and good, but it does have a pitfall. When you think positively you think things will come out positive causing you to open your game up and take more risks because, well you expect the risks to reward you.
In another way, you may be positive about your playing style and so you slow down on your studying and analyzing your own hands because of it.
Positivity is all well and good, just don't let it become an excuse to play too many hands or get lazy in your work ethic.