The Pomodoro Technique and Online Poker? Thoughts on this for focus at tables?

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've read about The Pomodoro Technique before being used for everything from work tasks we don't want to do to all kinds of studying. I've attached an article specifically related to it for online poker.

I'm thinking of trying it out more. Basically what you do is set a timer for 25 minutes (a pomodoro) then after 25 minutes you take a 5 minute break, rinse and repeat a few times and after a few pomodoros you take a longer 15 minute break, then back to the original cycle.

They make free Apps that let you do this as well, although I'm sure a regular timer can work too.

What do people think of using this when playing cash games online? I imagine it wouldn't work much for tournaments as you have to sit for hours of focus and play but for cash games it seems like it might be great for keeping focus.

One big issue I have especially online cash is that I start out great after a short warm up (making sure I have water, comfortable seat, play a few hands on one table to get into flow) and keep playing pretty good for a while...then over time I just fade and can see my game slipping. (Tendler talks about A-game play devolving into B-game then the worst C-game due to fatigue, lack of focus, tilt). So I'm thinking of trying this the next few sessions and seeing if it helps me stay focused.

Thoughts?

https://www.exceptionalpoker.com/?p=2002