ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm seeing more and more, especially in Cards Chat games, quite poor use of the clock/timer, resulting in dreadfully slow play for little advantage.
What I'd like to discuss, however, are the merits of clock-blocking, and when it is APPROPRIATE to run the clock down.

I'll tend to do it in the following circumstances:

1) I'm in the SB, have a short stack to my left and my slow play ticks the blinds over such that the small stack gets the hit.
2) It's on the bubble and I have a stack which will easily see me past the bubble
3) I'm in a league game and all other tables are super active / super shovey. In this case, I might coast my way into a higher points position.

There is *possibly* a fourth option -- and that is to run the clock when I need to put a specific person on tilt who really hates slow play. I tend not to do this sort of thing generally...but if I'm short stacked and tilty guy is down-stream, I might run it looooong when I've got a made hand and limp, just to induce the shove.

Otherwise, I find it counter-productive. Running the clock makes you see fewer hands at a higher price...not something you really want in NLHE.

What other good reasons for clock-blocking are there?
What other BAD reasoning do you see others following?

Thanks,
JT

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
0 responses per hour...hmmm...well I thought it was interesting...

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think this is a useful play in the long run. I thought of using the clock for my benefit sometimes but very rare it was really a great deal. I think u would be better if u just study the push-fold strategy and apply them in bubble situations where it tend to be very EV+ against fishes.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you have described are good options for taking advantage of the opportunities inherent in Time Management.
If it is possible to use the watch because it is left in the Time Bank, then it is worth living with it.
For example, some people don't like the slower game and get annoyed by it, which can result in errors in their game, but as long as another player has a Time Bank and uses it (regardless of what purpose), they can do so freely. If this bothers anyone, it is possible to register for TURBO, HYPER-TURBO and ZOOM games.
I think that in a given situation, using the Time Bank is a good option to eliminate hasty steps.
If the Time Bank has already run out, there is nothing to use, but while it is still available, it is worth living with it in certain cases.
Good luck.