Poker is for single people or submissive

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

mily comes first. Then you can come to work and then to the hobby. I'm sorry you can't play poker as a hobby under normal circumstances. So that your kids and your wife don’t leave this way you can’t play. Make me think of a separate room somewhere in the apartment and close the door for yourself after 9pm. Then everyone will lie down nicely and you can focus more on the game. The point is that the family is the first and then in the evening you can live the game.

Good luck!

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading what others are saying, I feel very fortunate. Our children are grown. It is just my wife and I. My wife likes the fact that playing, for me, is very enjoyable. I do recall that when the children were going to middle school and high school, I had a separate room - the garage.

R

Roxtsway

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My husband works from home, I'm currently not employed. We Always see each other so it's important for us to have time for our own thing. But time alone for our hobbies come after work, household and relationship responsibilities.
Tournaments go onto the shared calendar and he brings me food/drink, whatever I need. His goals and self-interests are supported too of course. It can be difficult, but we try to make everyone of equal importance around here.

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is for everyone, anyone can play, of course a quieter environment could improve player performance. Or maybe not, because people adapt to any environment, but it is still different for each person. Whatever your goal, follow that goal.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I really feel for you honestly, I had similar problems years ago but thankfully all my kids have flown the nest and now that I am retired, it's just my wife and me.
I can spend a lot of time playing but if I had to buy into every game I would soon go broke, that is why I play the free-rolls on offer.
Yes I do have a small bankroll and do play 50 cent or $1 buy-in games but prefer the MTT tourneys and as they are free, easy to call an all-in with a mediocre hand.
You will have to set yourself a time when the kids are in bed and your wife is watching her favorite programs.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
U can play Poker if your single or a Familydad/mom, u only need some time in the week.I have 2 kids, so i play in the evening when they are gone to bed ;)

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have neither at the moment so I’m out. I happen to have a spouse that’s extremely needy so I’ve never had a peaceful session of poker. Add to that I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old who fight for my attention. I play poker on my phone and I imagine the people I’m playing in their quiet rooms with a computer sitting down peacefully and focused while I have my 2 sons and wife in my ear while I’m washing dishes, cooking or cleaning.... and then I wonder why I can’t win a tournament or a cash game or a spin and go.
It is not easy for everyone to play with so much distraction and they wait around you for you to be successful, being alone helps you a lot to concentrate and study your Poker rivals. You do not have to isolate yourself from the world, just look for a lonely and closed place during the time you play.:top:

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a pity friend that you can not play quietly, it is true that many people play quietly in rooms prepared for the game and that will make a difference, my. humble advice is that you take advantage of this time to watch videos, read books and study hard so you will be well prepared to play when you have the right time.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

C

chinito2410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to improve your poker skills, you should read some books, or watch videos of tournaments played by professionals or it helps a lot to play different types of variety of tournaments and on different platforms.
With the aim of playing against unknown people and you don't know how they play.