Poker is for single people or submissive

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is a hobby. A hobby that brings a reasonable excitement and desire to strain the brain, determining the chances of a winning hand, allowing you to experience pleasure.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend playing in an isolated room, with company and noise, “behind closed doors”. This means that we must avoid any source of distraction. No television set next to the computer engine. No cell phones or phones. The place should invite concentration. Likewise, the room must be well heated. It should not be so cold that our fingers freeze, nor so hot that we fall asleep.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it´s for single people.

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a sport that is not for everyone, most of us must have knowledge, passion and luck if we have this, it does not matter if you are married or single, the important thing is that you love this game.

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is played by different people. but most of all hidden, lonely. and of course talented. poker gives what is missing. it can be emotions, money, or just Love)):cool::cool::cool:

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imagine having knowledge of theory. Then you can have more children and a second wife and still win. I guess.

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play as you like, as long as you are comfortable

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

Funny that every poker player married have the same issue
My boys live in their own home so i am with my wife so figure it out
Rgds

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have neither at the moment so I’m out. I happen to have a spouse that’s extremely needy so I’ve never had a peaceful session of poker. Add to that I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old who fight for my attention. I play poker on my phone and I imagine the people I’m playing in their quiet rooms with a computer sitting down peacefully and focused while I have my 2 sons and wife in my ear while I’m washing dishes, cooking or cleaning.... and then I wonder why I can’t win a tournament or a cash game or a spin and go.

Why not, just go play live? get away from the family for a few hours? Everyone is entitled to some alone time, if they want it.

roxtri

roxtri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Children are a blessing and a tragedy at the same time, is my opinion...

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for people who can manage their time wisely and have a patience. Not either single or submissive.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker a hard way to make an easy living. Or easy expensive hobbie. It’s for everyone!

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker is for everyone. Everyone has the freedom to play poker.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously being single helps since you have way more time you can dedicate to poker, but dude, you have two kids and a wife, that's already wonderful!

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup poker is hard when you in a close relationship. People who don't play poker don't understand you need to concentrate very intensely while playing.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, any person can play poker, the main thing is that people around him support, and always play as a plus

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup poker is hard when you in a close relationship. People who don't play poker don't understand you need to concentrate very intensely while playing.

Poker is a pretty intense time commitment, and you have to make sure to express that to your partner. It's not a game where you can just pause and pick up later.

That said, it's important that people don't neglect their partners. I can see some instances where one partner plays for twelve hours when another wants to bond. It's a tough balance between hobbies and relationships. :rolleyes:

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to get your priorities straight. Your family should be #1 at all times. If and when you can get some free time to do as you please, then fine, go play some poker or do whatever else makes you happy. Your wife needs and wants you, your kids need and want you. Family life is all about being 100% unselfish.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I cease all poker when my grandchildren visit. They are of upmost importance to me.
Poker is secondary to relationships.
I'm lucky, the games I play occur while my wife is at work, and on the weekend when she is at the gym or out park running with her friends.
If it is fine we always make a visit to the beach priority number one. There will always be another poker game.:)
Why your young guys make your wife and children number one.

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel you bro. I am play as i watch my store. One time. I play micro sng 45, was a chip leader and in the bubble. One customer is come to my store, need to service the customer. When i finished, just got that Pair king, and somebody is all in. Miss the chance to got action with pair king. Finished 3rd. But thats just poker.

A

AS7777777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in the evenings before going to bed, so poker does not interfere.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I understand you very well. I have a similar situation. Also a husband and small children, one of whom is disabled and requires special care. My husband also plays poker, but he plays it calmly after work. And I have to play snatches and often also on the phone, because I have to constantly do something and get distracted. But I will not give up poker, because it is my outlet and distraction from all problems. I dream that in the future there will be more time to play. of course, due to the constant distraction, I also make a lot of mistakes in the game. And there is no way to improve your level yet. That's why I play micro limits and freerolls.

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, everything that happens around you distracts your attention and prevents you from concentrating. but I think you're just looking for an excuse for yourself

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have small children, its difficult to find time for any activities other than work and family. Maybe you can play some short cash game sessions or single table SnGs, when the kids are tugged in, but that is probably pretty much it. When the kids become bigger, it gets a little easier. My 15-20 year olds are not figthing for my attention, every time I play poker ;)