ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What is boring is waiting around for people to get their collective act together (by staying home) so we can get through this pandemic. If I did not have online poker, I'm not sure what I'd be doing.

Sure live poker is fun, and can be more naturally social. But my Friday Night poker club is super social. We all connect to "Mumble", which is similar to discord. So we can all chat "as normal". But best of all, we moved to a weekly game on Stars, rather than a monthly game in person! After our regular game, we play a number of other open games, watching each other, coaching each other, and basically cheerleading (without pompoms).

Its a shame you find it boring. I recommend a VOIP client to fill in the void. Much safer than going to some live game and catching Covid.

That said, I've basically spent the past 7 months focussing on poker. I could not have done that with live games only. You just cannot get the volume of hands in. Even when you have a dealer.

I do look forward to going back to the clubs I used to play live as a total noob, though. I will see a completely different game.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Cheers,
JT

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker online takes away the most fun aspect of the game out of it , human interaction , yet with the pandamic it becaming even more popular .

i cant comprehend that someone would rather play online on playing "live" on a table .

I agree with you that the most fun part of poker is the social element, but not everyone feels this way. Some players just love the math and strategy side of it and actually would prefer if the social element didn't exist :)

Some of the perks to online poker are
1) get to play more tables, get more action
2) can use software to get more stats, and come up with advanced strategies
3) play from the comfort of your own home
4) play smaller limits and risk less money
5) invest much less time in gettin started on your session

Some players find socializing uncomfortable and get anxious in public places, this is true for many gamers (I can say this from first hand experience being a gamer).

So it's a personal thing, but i do agree with you that the social part of live is very very fun!

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you that the most fun part of poker is the social element, but not everyone feels this way. Some players just love the math and strategy side of it and actually would prefer if the social element didn't exist :)

Some of the perks to online poker are
1) get to play more tables, get more action
2) can use software to get more stats, and come up with advanced strategies
3) play from the comfort of your own home
4) play smaller limits and risk less money
5) invest much less time in gettin started on your session

Some players find socializing uncomfortable and get anxious in public places, this is true for many gamers (I can say this from first hand experience being a gamer).

So it's a personal thing, but i do agree with you that the social part of live is very very fun!

Im a gamer myself , so i definitely get what you are saying , and this thread really let me see how people see online poker differently than myself . i guess its just because poker for me started as a social activity to have fun with couple of friends , wasnt about the money or winning etc just having a laugh , but after seeing what people like about online poker i started to appreciate it more :)

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you could do is create a private tournament and invite your friends to the online table. Then you can do a Zoom call and everyone can safely drink, talk nonsense and play online poker together.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play live poker and have fun.

Let the others play whatever they want.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The live one does not give any more fun - probably because my point of view about humanoids. However personally for me the online version has plenty advantages, faster tourneys for the same or even higher prices, I can play more tables/tourneys in the same time, I play most of the time in a quiet more comfortable environment, so I have more focus, attention on the tables. There are plenty other useful tools, what I do not have in live. Anyway, it is cheaper, too, as I do not have to travel + probably the most important reason, I more successful online than live...

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer online poker. It's way more faster, live games are just so slow. Don't think online poker is boring, u can always chat with people and they are from any corner of our planet. few years ago i found so many friends online.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live tables definitely are more interesting :D but right now i rather play more online not because im scared of virus but because i see too many masks lol and is hard to read the opponents hahah

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live tables definitely are more interesting :D but right now i rather play more online not because im scared of virus but because i see too many masks lol and is hard to read the opponents hahah

yeah definitely im playing online only right now ! but i just miss live

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its boring, dont play - just wait a few months and live will be going again.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think anything online will be more exciting than live, but in the moments when you dont have live, its a nice fall back option for sure.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, online poker is not boring not because you can play several tables at the same time and it doesn’t get boring already in live there are times when it becomes boring yes it depends a lot on the table you’re playing on there are tables you can interact with and there are a nice conversation but there are times when you prefer to lose rather than support certain players

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aaaaaaah! Damn it, you can't even imagine how I dream of playing live, just once! Even a fleeting thought of it makes my heart pound like a pneumatic bag! Maybe cardschat will make my dream come true? :p

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker online takes away the most fun aspect of the game out of it , human interaction , yet with the pandamic it becaming even more popular .

i cant comprehend that someone would rather play online on playing "live" on a table .

it is better to play in live poker, of course, but in online poker there are more opportunities, and there are different promotions, and knockout tournaments ... One thing is bad in online, that the dealings of cards are fake too often than in a regular real game

K

kamciono5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that online poker is boring. When i felt that poker became boring for me i took about 2 weeks break. Maybe you play too much as me some time ago and need a break to feel the pleasure of the game again.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Yup, some things are just out of reach of comprehension until you start considering what your options are regarding: geography, mobility, legality... and those of others. Consider the old Indian saying about walking a day in someone else's moccasins .. as I had in responding here.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not boring but more predictive and less attractive

A

Adakain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker is easier to play than live poker. You can't see the players ' emotions and it's harder to read the hand.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing nosebleed stakes will relieve the boredom.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer the online game because of the fact that I can play several tournaments at the same time and I can be voluminous.:rock: