Poker Game Profile Icon

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On several platforms we are given the possibility of changing the icon of our profile and even uploading our own icons. Do you think that the icon of our profile could influence the game of our opponents?

W

Well Enuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could influence?
Do you play differently against an opponent who uses a SHARK than you do against one who displays a FISH?
My thoughts are that I'd rather watch how the opponent plays more than what avatar is being used for that day.

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against absolute beginners maybe. But I doubt any decent player cares about a player's icon.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I changed my avatar to pokerstars and they can't check it for a week, it is displayed in the lobby, but when i'm at the table, my avatar is not visible

Z

zzZeldaxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have thought about this and wondered if it was true but for me personally, a player's icon isn't going to really change the way I feel about their level of skill.

On the other hand, I do appreciate running into a random Kenny Powers icon. I at least know that one person at the table is awesome.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is possible that the shark icon would have made me think twice before a dangerous situation :icon_scra

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe the icon says a little bit about the person. In my case, at tables, my icon is a gladiator's helmet. Then is possible to understand that I'm aggressive.

Top 10 Games