Poker bot - training to beat them if they exist?

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , not sure if this is the right thread , but anyway, is there a program that has bots similar to some bots alledged in poker rooms? My point is that instead of worrying about if playing a bot or not , can't we simply get better and beat them? Who knows how strong they are (bots) ? I used to play "govenor of poker " different ones, "poker academy " (played lots here) , and only time a bot seemed hard was heads up after in the main event, i got blown away a bit & seemed everytime i "looked up" my opponent i was wrong, any ones else got ideas/ stories?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo there is an entire underworld that runs poker from underneath poker bots are least of anyone worry and I would suspect exploiting one to be tedious and minimally profitable. If you play on Stars they have superb security and have addressed the issue many times.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not that easy, once you are sure, you found one, you have to find out how it is programmed, they aren't all the same. I once had one that would always re-raise any raise, but fold to 4bets depending on the cards it held. But it had a mistake, it folded ALWAYS to a minbet on the river.... cracked :):fight:

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play chess quite seriously, and playing vs a computer chess opponent seems way harder than a computer poker opponent , not that i've hard a hard enough pc poker game though, all the ones I've played were quite beatable , any thoughts on this ?
bottom line , I feel poker bots are no big deal , player collusion is much more worrying .....(on a side note the most realistic poker software I've played against was "stacked" , very nice software)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have watched videos and read articles about poker bots and still cannot say for sure that I have encountered one.

J0hnnyRingo

J0hnnyRingo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes me Wonder

I’ve sat and pondered whether I am a bot with a mistake that all the other bots have been programmed to exploit. :eek:

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not that easy, once you are sure, you found one, you have to find out how it is programmed, they aren't all the same. I once had one that would always re-raise any raise, but fold to 4bets depending on the cards it held. But it had a mistake, it folded ALWAYS to a minbet on the river.... cracked :):fight:

That is amazing. As far as you could tell was it programmed with a loss limit? That is, do this long enough and you're going to bust it out. Or, did the bot keep printing money for you and never give up?

K

KoreasFinest213

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah thats pretty cool. U figured out the Bot lol. But thats another great question, does the bot have a loss limit?

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why not disable the pre bet buttons from the poker site side and Bots wouldnt be able to shove or bet other than minimum bets , maybe this wud solve this

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not quite sure if there is such a thing... Would that be illegal? How would you recognise one from a human being? There are a lot of players with diffent playing styles and patterns to cover everything down.

Is this bot programed by a user or by the poker site? And if so, Can the bot see our hole cards though?

Online poker already seems rigged by the amount of rollercoaster turns and rivers, adding bots into the mix is not somethig I'm willing to do.

A

amitmanchanda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is there a method to identify bots?

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
bot

The presence of bots in the poker sites is real, here is a subject, which was posted on the super poker site.
The partypoker has proven that it is aware of one of the main concerns of online poker currently: the existence of bots, ie software programmed to play poker. Yesterday (8), for example, a suspected case of bot has gained great repercussion in social networks after the accusation of a streamer.
In its official blog, the partypoker revealed that it closed 277 bot accounts between December 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019. In that period, $ 734,852 in balances recovered were redistributed among the injured players.
I have faced players who make difficult to play games, playing cash game at 888poker, me at bb with 88 vs 22, from small, villain raise I call, flop 4 A 5, bet villain paid, turn 4, bet on reise villain All in, villain call river hits 3, is it a bot?

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars does indeed provide superior peace of mind. The software coding and security are both gold standard. Cross-connectivity with smartphones is also excellent.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I miss playing on PokerStars. They are light years ahead of ACR all the way around in my opinion.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the same time, if life was a simulation, we would be bots as well.