PLO Zoom is destroying my soul

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About a year ago I quit playing the plo zoom on pokerstars. For some reason I decided to give it a go again. I'm currently about $700 down. According to HM3 Allindiff statistic I should be about $200 up. I'm literally missing everything when it goes all in and my opponents are hitting every miracle card there is. It's driving me nuts. Should I just give it up?

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Give up I did. PLO Zoom is for gamblers :)

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The PLO zoom RS mode a double-edged weapon I had a bad experience a few years ago where I lost almost all my bankroll.
My recommendation is that you stop playing that modality and play Texas holdem, but if you like omaha a lot there is another modality that is Hi Low PLO8 where there is less variance and many pots are shared with split pots and you will not lose all your chips in many gaming occasions.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find the fact that many more hands can be made in PLO vs. Holden, means that many more chasers stay in to the end, and there is a good chance they hit on the river.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO zoom,someone always has the nuts with big time variance:)

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the replies guys. I just can't for the life of me find a "winning" strategy in the Zoom PLO games (.25). I do fine in the regular plo tables and tournys, so I'm going to just give them up. I keep winning on other games and losing it on the zoom table. I think the poster who said "it's for gamblers" has pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's too frustrating. I've got a bit of a grind making back my loses from this endeavour though. :(

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Incidentally, I was poking around the net reading up on Zoom last night and apparently it's not uncommon to swing as much as 300 buy ins! I can't wait for the upswing though or I'll be broke. I guess that was some bad bankroll management! Learn from my mistake guys and gals. LOL

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The PLO zoom RS mode a double-edged weapon I had a bad experience a few years ago where I lost almost all my bankroll.
My recommendation is that you stop playing that modality and play Texas holdem, but if you like omaha a lot there is another modality that is Hi Low PLO8 where there is less variance and many pots are shared with split pots and you will not lose all your chips in many gaming occasions.
I do like the odd PLO8 tounry and 8- Game. Not sure I would play it for cash though? Too many splits.

TPA

TPA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom is the worst type of poker. Regular multi tabling is much better.