G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys,

It will be very helpful for me, if you can tell me some suggestions of one thing, which is one of the most difficult, while I am playing poker.

It is about when I am on the small blind in the crucial parts of the tournaments or at the final table with the big blinds, where everybody folds until me and I have to take the decision to the player to the big blind. Many times I have lost so many chips of wrong play in that situations, trying to bluff with raise or simply to call and then the player on the big blind to put me all-in.

Just to play with strong hands only or there is a decision with not so strong hands? :)

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play like a pro. open everything hands.

D

DavidSWE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys,

It will be very helpful for me, if you can tell me some suggestions of one thing, which is one of the most difficult, while I am playing poker.

It is about when I am on the small blind in the crucial parts of the tournaments or at the final table with the big blinds, where everybody folds until me and I have to take the decision to the player to the big blind. Many times I have lost so many chips of wrong play in that situations, trying to bluff with raise or simply to call and then the player on the big blind to put me all-in.

Just to play with strong hands only or there is a decision with not so strong hands? :)

Depends on the player in the BB and on your stack sizes and if you are on the bubble etc.

If you are playing short stacked, less than 15 bbs and you are not sure, then go all in w any Ace, K10+ JTs-QJs any pp.

If he shoves anytime you limp but fold to your shoves, then only limp your best hands QQ+ and AK and call his shove.

If he sometimes call and sometimes shoves if you raise, only raise a strong range and call the shove with the best part of it, like raise A5s+ A10+ 99+ J10s+ Q10s+ K9s+
And call all ins with AJ+ 99+

If he folds to many of your shoves but calls or raises if you limp or raise then shove with marginal hands like, 22-88 and A2-A9 K10o+ and raise or limp the the better hands instead since he puts in money vs the best range and often folds vs the lesser range.

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are very deep, a strategy to get you some guidelines could be to raise the top 50% of your range in order to have range advantage if he calls.

You can reduce to top 35/40% to take into account the disadvantage of position.

You can increase to 60/70 if he is very passive.

Also, take into account the flow of the game.
If you folded a lot, you can increase a bit as your perceived range will be stronger than what it actually is.
Viceversa if you have been playing a lot of hands.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you get a good hand in this position, why not play? konda you play in the small blind it is very difficult for you to give a hand since in the small blind a wide range of hands