peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey pokerheads,

So yesterday I played a satellite to qualify to winter series 11$ 100k, I was doing fabulously good, got a good read on opponents and my stuck after two hours was 150k, amongst the top 500-1000, I did everything as I was supposed too, but wifi kept failing me so I switched to LAN, apparently the problem was with my internet provider.
I was going to double because I had a A6 suited, went 3BB two guys stayed, the flop was 6A6, raised 3BB, one reraised, the other too so I called, then the turn was another 6, Ive got the winning hand with a chance to at least double my stack and go up the rankings with the top 50, one guy with a small stack went all in, I doubled then internet went down, I have now 15k on my stack, so when I reconnected and saw that hand it was me with a A6, the two velins had KK and AA, I lost the hand because the AA raised all in and PS sat me out. I was angry but still tried to rewin what Ive had lost this far, but couldnt because the Ante and the buttons had gotten me, so I finished the tournament on the three thousand something position. My question, did you ever had the same problem and what was your strategy to handle it?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its very frustrating have terrible disconnection problems with many internet providers over the years say have lost thousands due to it,
Really stressfull when my SKY provider modem light goes from green to orange when playing the Sunday million last week or a $100 spin $500 prize for no apparent reason and you could be disconnected from anything from 2 mins to an hour than just pops back on and your stack is gone.
Had terrible disconnection problems with Virgin media it is clear to see why the owner is one of the richest people in the world.
Every couple of weeks saying your bill has gone up and when complained had no service they said had to wait 2 weeks for tech to call out and fix it.
They still tried to bill me for 2 months after that even though they were in breach of contract and not providing a service when fully paid to that date.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I have good internet and get constantly disconnected on Stars.
I would not play money tournaments on that site. I only play Cardschat freerolls there.
My money game preference is ACR, seldom get disconnected there.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was always my biggest concern playing online. When I first started playing online poker, I live in a very small town, it was 2005 and at the time we only had dial up. It was horrible...off and on all the time. I still worry about it, I have much better internet now but things happen. The only resource I have is my phone. I will use it as a hot spot and have 1 time, and it worked just fine until internet was restored. Really now my main concern is if there is a power outage. I could still use my girlfriends laptop with my hotspot if that happens I guess.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your internet is being shakey don't play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only reasonable strategy for this is to find a better internet provider, and if the problem is purely temporary, then dont play, while it last. Or at least play only stakes, that are insignificant to your bankroll. You are also less vulnerable in cash games, because as soon as you sit out, you are at least not posting blinds or antes any more.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This rarely happens to me, but when it happens it really shakes me.But sometimes it saves me from losing)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the worst. When your'e opponent is the whim of technology, what can you do?

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sucks when this happens.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate..Unfortunately ,that has happened to me ,specially when I ´ve been playing Spin&Go´s on pokerstars.It is frustrating when you can log in again and the game is over.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate it when I lose connection in the middle of a game. Fortunately it doesn't happen often. I'm using a wired connection so my Internet is very stable. Not so much when I've tried playing with the mobile App, so I try not to use that anymore.

M

MaZeee323

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just yesterday I had this issue. Currently my internet is very unstable, don’t know why but yesterday I was in a tournament and don’t had so much chips anymore in the middle of tournament. Then after 5 minutes my internet came back and I had to go all in with bad cards L Dont know what I would get if I could play some more hands. Very unlucky, after that my internet was fine the whole evening.

When something like this happens it might help to make a hotspot on smartphone and connect with this or switch fast to the mobile app.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My question, did you ever had the same problem and what was your strategy to handle it?

Oh friend these problems with internet connection are eternal, I know your feeling well (a big 'hello' from me to my provider). Seems it always happens only when you are in a good tourney and close to the prizes.
What is my strategy, you ask? Well, if there is no internet you really can't do anything and the tourney you are playing is going to hell anyway… My strategy is to ASAP calm down, forget about the tourney, tell myself ”well, shit happens” and wait the internet to come back. That's it. Because I know well that there's no point in arguing with my provider's support team, no matter what I say, they will do anything they want to, anyway.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It used to be a problem but now I just tether my phone if the main internet goes down so I can usually get back fairly quickly. Worst case if signal is poor I will just go on the app and play outside where I get better reception

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey pokerheads,

So yesterday I played a satellite to qualify to winter series 11$ 100k, I was doing fabulously good, got a good read on opponents and my stuck after two hours was 150k, amongst the top 500-1000, I did everything as I was supposed too, but wifi kept failing me so I switched to LAN, apparently the problem was with my internet provider.
I was going to double because I had a A6 suited, went 3BB two guys stayed, the flop was 6A6, raised 3BB, one reraised, the other too so I called, then the turn was another 6, Ive got the winning hand with a chance to at least double my stack and go up the rankings with the top 50, one guy with a small stack went all in, I doubled then internet went down, I have now 15k on my stack, so when I reconnected and saw that hand it was me with a A6, the two velins had KK and AA, I lost the hand because the AA raised all in and PS sat me out. I was angry but still tried to rewin what Ive had lost this far, but couldnt because the Ante and the buttons had gotten me, so I finished the tournament on the three thousand something position. My question, did you ever had the same problem and what was your strategy to handle it?
Im sorry to hear that. I have lost a couple of tournaments like that actually, playing on my mobile phone. I've learned to go to certain spots in my house when i get ready to play for serious money. Just to make sure i have enough signal to play.