Playing multiple tables

D

D1enonli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many tables do you play at the same time?

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t enjoy playing multiple tables at the same time. I’ve tried it many times and it’s too damn stressful. You’re constantly forced to make quick decisions and if you hesitate and think about a strategy you’re depleting your time bank on one or several tables. Am I in the minority on this subject?:confused:

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

You make valid points. Multi-tabling is not for everyone, in fact there must be very specific reasons to multi-table. Play what and how you want, just have fun.

Reasons to multi-table:
1. Increase your hourly rate, ie you are a pro or legit semi-pro.
2. You are VERY skilled for the format and stakes that you play.
3. You are VERY comfortably bankrolled for the stakes you play.
4. You do NOT tilt easily.

Reasons NOT to multi-table:
1. You play for fun, ie money is NOT a motivating factor.
2. You are at beginner to intermediate level in your poker development.
3. You don't have a sufficient bankroll or lack BRM skills.
4. You tilt easily and/or have other mental game issues.

M

MJgetsWeird

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great advice!! Thank You!!

I am new here, so I hope I did this properly. I just wanted to say thank you! Thanks to the OP, as well. But the part about "tilting easily"--truth!! I have done that, and lost on all tables, instead of just one. I have a much cooler head now, but great advice! :)

Hi,

You make valid points. Multi-tabling is not for everyone, in fact there must be very specific reasons to multi-table. Play what and how you want, just have fun.

Reasons to multi-table:

M

MJgetsWeird

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi-Table Stress

I know what you mean! It got easier for me. It still gets stressful, but it all depends. I think, in general, just play 1 table at a time for fun.Also for fun, I always like to open one small MTT and one 6 max cash table, and relax. Since tourneys can get slooow at times, they compliment each other that way. Good luck! :)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Reasons to multi-table:

explained perfectly[emoji106]
however, personally, I always play no more than 3-4 tables
to play more I'm not confident in my abilities and the bankroll for this is small

Steviewattz

Steviewattz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t enjoy playing multiple tables at the same time. I’ve tried it many times and it’s too damn stressful. You’re constantly forced to make quick decisions and if you hesitate and think about a strategy you’re depleting your time bank on one or several tables. Am I in the minority on this subject?:confused:
The most I've done is 2 tables at the same time. And it's only happened a few times. I like to be fully focused on one table. It's hard to keep track how certain people bet with certain hands, how they bluff, who plays aggressively and who doesn't etc etc when you're playing more than 1 table, at least it is for me.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first I just liked to play tables too, but as time went by I got used to it and today I play on two or even three tables. From four tables I get curled up and end up making the wrong decisions.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally like to focus one table. If I play on multiple tables I would lose concentration.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play 2-4 tables at the same time normally, but when I am in situation for example I qualified to big buyin tournament, then I try to play only one table and focus as much as I can on it

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I typically play anywhere from 1 to 6. It depends on the stakes; the higher it is, the lower the table number is.

S

sweeper21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play 2 to 3 tables. If I play more, I will lose my concentration and lose lots of money.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only uses android phone so it's really hard to keep track even just a couple of tables. If I have a PC or Laptop personally I think I can handle playing 8 tables at a time.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play a lot of tables.
Ofc, i started with just 1, then 2...well, 4 was challenge..
Now, if it's fulll ring, i can play 10+ tables, and when i play 3-4 tables i get bored.

It's only practise, nothing else.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use to play more tables, but lately I find it more enjoyable to only play 1 to 3 tables. Playing fewer tables gives me a chance to do other things while playing (like replying to CardsChat posts, :) )

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
At the moment I play at a table, I am not encouraged to play at 2 or 3 tables, any advice?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be sure, multiple tables are very distracting so you need to practice and gradually increase the number of tables if someone wants to play that way.
But it is certain that you can concentrate on one table more than the more number of tables.

Good luck.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play at one table because I have vision problems and my eyes get tired too quickly if I try to play at more than one table. Even if I didn't have the problem at one table, I would still find it easier to make decisions considering my level of play.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to start with two tables and gradually increase the number. I play up to 6 tables but the optimal game for me is 4 tables.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I also find it hard to multi-table for the same reasons.
I find it hard to get the most value from a hand if you have two tables with good holdings that require your immediate attention..

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can manage well 4 tables at the same time (at one screen device). But to give my best I prefer only one if the tourney offers good prizes.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To consentrate on mtt or cash 2-4

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
tables

Good night everyone, I think it is essential to play several tables at the same time, the main reason is that you will get ITM on average less than 30% of the Mtts you play, the more Mtts you play the month the easier it will be to profit.
Playing many tables in my opinion is a matter of custom, today I feel good playing at many tables.
I think it is ideal to play 8 tables.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer playing on one table,cash or in a tournament,but sometimes I play on 2 cash tables or in 2 tournaments at the same time.

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like playing at multiple tables at the same time. I have tried it many times and it is very stressful. You are constantly forced to make quick decisions, and if you hesitate and think of a strategy, you are running out of time at one or more tables. Am I in the minority on this issue? :confused:[/TO QUOTE]
I tried and my result was the same as yours, you are not alone