Playing on MacBook

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anybody play poker on a MacBook, what are your experiences with it?

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing on a MacBook for 10+ years. The poker clients are getting better and the number you can play on the browser goes up all the time.

I used to run a virtual windows machine for poker because when I bought my lifetime licenses for my tools it was Windows only as well as Windows only poker clients but many rooms will not allow that any more or flag you for review if you do so I stopped doing that. I ended up buying a really cheap used windows tiny desktop on Ebay just for poker. It cost me less than buying new Mac only poker tools.

Poker tools are mainly windows based especially free ones. You could still run a VM for these tools if you wanted to.

I find I play 60% on my Windows desktop now and the rest on my ipad/iphone/Macbook

Last edited:
CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing on MAC

Does anybody play poker on a MacBook, what are your experiences with it?

Hi, I play on my MAC Desktop mostly but at times on my IPAD. The desk top is great and the IPAD slightly less :):):)so as with the iPad you don't get to see your position or how far to the Money, I have in the past played on windows and found the experience equally good....take care

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It works wonderfully - no problems. I can no longer imagine working and playing on a Windows computer. :smile:

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on my MacBook Pro and ACR and it’s not that bad :))

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My personal notebook is a Mac, but I bought one acer notebook to play poker, because except poker stars that have a good mac version, all the others rooms I prefer the windows version.

R

RealClassAct

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on my Macbook...my Poker App will occasionally crash or freeze up on me, but I'm sure that's because I have too many programs/windows open at the same time.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on a 9 yr old iMac. Works great! The Stars client has a few minor bugs that seem to be Mac-specific and never seem to get fixed, but they're not an issue. PokerTracker 4 has always worked fine on my iMac.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have used nothing other than a MacBook Pro, since I retired and returned my work PC 4 years ago. I don't miss anything about Windows/MS-DOS.

Mac Poker