Playing with chips in BB

fadred719

fadred719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
  • If there are a few tables up to 6 , then it is possible in chips, if there are more tables, it is more convenient to display stacks in bb, Today all rooms provide the ability to display stacks in bb

O

oropezaliuinez

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
When I'm playing I use the chip mode and not the BB mode

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't bring myself to such a minute

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
To play poker correctly, raise, 3-bet, bluff sizing... is very important, so putting your stack in BB is necessary because it facilitates the actions you take.

Otherwise, you'll have to divide your chip stack by the value of the big blind before making a decision, and that's a waste of time.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
better to play bb for me rather than in chips easier to calculate pot odds

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i've tried it once but still prefer the cash amount and doings calulations in my head

W

worsdep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a returning player after 10+ years out of the game and I've always used chip stacks when playing online poker.

I tried changing to BBs and once it got to a stage where the blinds really started to matter and my stack would seem to take a hit with every level increase.

First few times I noticed my stack had dropped by 6bbs and I hadn't even played a hand. I was back and forth in my hand history and couldn't see where my chios had gone.

Not going to lie but it took me a good 15 to 20 minutes to finally realise I wasn't loosing my chips to opponents, my stack was just changing to reflect how many BBs I had due to the level change.

I've reverted back to chip stacks and have now found myself occasionally clicking to change to BBs for a quick glance at my stack and the tables before changing it back to stacks.

Poker Chips - History of Chips