Playing with chips in BB

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always displaying chips in BB, it' way more comfortable at all sides)

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a lot of prejudice about BB at first, after I tried this configuration I never changed it again

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, this is not important and does not affect the game process in any way. Sometimes it's even more convenient to see the stack depth in the BB.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play mostly MTT and my stack is always displayed in chips, the duration of the tournament level can be from 1 to 15 minutes, at hyper turbo tournaments the stack in BB will change quickly, won't it be misleading?

Garik777

Garik777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Іt helps you easier understand the current situation in the tournament.
I don't play cash games

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm so used to big blinds that even in cash games I use them as a reference.
It's a lot easier to scale the stakes on top of everything else.

Jimlad999

Jimlad999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have tried having my stack in BBs but reverted back as I am used to the other way.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think there is no difference chips or it will be in the BB if you know how to count, then there is no difference

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it really makes a difference, especially when the blinds go up, because it displays the actual amount you have there and when you're in the other mode, you don't notice it, because the value of chips remains the same.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is much more easier with all stacks in BB because you don't have to calculate too much

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I loved to play with chips in BB, and it helps a lot when multitabling cause u don't get distracted counting BB's in every table, every once in a while.

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey guys,
Any of you tried playing with the amount of chips displayed in BBs ?
I did lately and found it very interesting. Betting, calling or raising using amounts of BBs actually made me look at the game from a different perspective.
If you have tried it, I'd like some insight about it. Thank you.
I always do.Feels easier for me.You dont feel the pressure of dealing with big amounts of chips in the later stages

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have tried using this feature, and simply don't like it, even though it is most rational. I prefer to look at the true chip stack numbers for aesthetic reasons. Sometimes you have to work with your own irrationality, and make the best of it.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Having Man tables at the same time , the display in BB make the decisions easier for me . Maybe if it's very important game , or if ai am very deep I will switch from time to time to chips display , and vice versa . In the past it was a nightmare , trying every time to figure out how many blinds ai have , as I didn't use a HUD or other programme

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mentally convert to BB anyway. I may want to watch someone else play with bets being displayed like this. Kinda like playing with a 4 color deck. Completely messes me up. I don't know up from down.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play BBs, because it makes it easier to calculate pot odds on the hands played

jrportes21

jrportes21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
it's easier to understand betting even more for beginners, it helps a lot.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always in BB. Helps it easier to make calculations.

D

dita alin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all poker players should use chips displayed in BB

S

shellie111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
Hey guys,
I did lately and found it very interesting. Betting, calling or raising using amounts of BBs actually made me look at the game from a different perspective.
its a good way to play as you dont get left with 2 or 3 blinds when the blinds r big think you still got chips.

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I prefer chips. BB just seems weird since its constantly changing in tourneys etc

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey guys,

I have used BB count rather than money for years now and prefer it, knowing how many BBs you have left in a tournament at a glance, gives you vital information on where you stand and whether it is appropriate to push all-in or fold in order to gain a place in the final positions, to be honest if there are players with fewer BBs than yourself, it could be wise to fold, fold, fold into a higher paying position.
It makes sense because if you make 2X or 3X your buy-in it keeps your bankroll moving in the right direction, upwards!

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, in relation to the game it doesn't change much.

But in the final stretch, when I want to do a quick conversion of the stack, I usually use.
I don't use it, I've tried a few times but it didn't work, so I prefer to use it the normal way in chips

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
I always play only with the display of chips in the BB. It's much more convenient and your results will get better as you always have a clear view of your stack and your opponents' stacks. Now I don’t understand at all how I could play with the display of the number of chips)

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At the beggining no, but more closer to the money and final game i like to play with BB's... makes me watch more clear the situation

Poker Chips - History of Chips