Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Never even use big blinds so luckily dont care ?!?

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(y)might work for me too? got to get used to it

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm a tournament player and I don't care for it because I've played poker for nearly three score years now, and I've always done my computations with dollars. I don't see any benefit in switching to something that I won't even be able to use when I play live tournaments. Sometime in the past at America's Cardroom all of a sudden my stack turned to big blinds. I even complained about it and found out it was because I'd clicked on the box with the value of the stack in it. LOL!!

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed this new option that instead of the amount of money you see how many big blinds instead I like it for tournament but not for cash games.what’s you guys opinion on that????
I don't much care for it. I can roughly calculate how many BB various stack sizes are and I like to see how the next blind increase will relate to stacks, rather than concentrate solely on the current blind level.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Calculating your bets in Big Blinds is an essential element of poker.

tobychef

tobychef

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I have noticed this new option that instead of the amount of money you see how many big blinds instead I like it for tournament but not for cash games.what’s you guys opinion on that????
Always use the BB option 👍

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use this option, it's useless for me, you can find out how much bb I have by looking at the size of my stack and the blinds, it's not difficult

N

NikoJoKK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started off with chips. Then I realized how much easier it was especially in the late stages of the game, when the stack is in the blinds. After a couple of days I got used to
I only play BB now.

T

tycutz007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with BB. It is easy to make calculations. If i will play also live i will use chips in online too to get use to convert chips into bb.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Blinds, because all the decisions and commitement are relative to the blind size. I improved a lot when changed 100% to blinds.

Even though i like to see my million chips.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Previously, about half a year ago, I played with chips, but then I realized that with chips you do not objectively evaluate your stack. Now all the time in bb

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Hey guys,
Any of you tried playing with the amount of chips displayed in BBs ?
I did lately and found it very interesting. Betting, calling or raising using amounts of BBs actually made me look at the game from a different perspective.
If you have tried it, I'd like some insight about it. Thank you.
I love the blinds for tournament not cash games.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a chips man. If i mess about with the setting and start changing things, it affects my concentration. So i keep it to what I'm used to..

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blinds >> Chips. I was astonished when I discored that I could change that. I prefer blinds cause I find it much more useful, mainly for multitabling, cause u don't get confused by the always changing blind levels. It's a little hard in the beggining, because it seems like your chips is running away and u dont know where to, but as u get used to it, it's very useful.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play with the BB it is very good to know how many blinds you have. But playing with chip amounts is much better because it speeds up your mind to count them when you play at live tables. I recommend that you try to take out your BBs mentally that will be very good for your future.

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Beginners are advised to play with the chip display format in BB for a correct understanding of the size of raises, re-raises, and so on.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The number of BB determines the tactics of the game in the later stages. Therefore, it is good to see this information at these stages.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time playing poker at the tables I prefer to play with BBs because in the end they are excellent ways to raise considering that there are not 1000 chips but 1BBs that you don't lose concentration in the tournament without needing to carry large numbers in the stack

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never use it but I can sense that I lose a big chunk of my buyin just in blinds

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, the first case is understandable, in the second, how could I have played better, I can't imagine, a stubborn player with his A 10 decided to go to the end, there's nothing to be done about it

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The bad thing about BB is that every time the blinds raise you get poorer.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I always played with the amount of chips and I still can't get used to playing with BB at times I change it from one to another to get used to it little by little. I saw streaming of different elite players who use BB so I guess at some point it may be better for the game, but I still can't figure it out

Poker Chips - History of Chips