Playing any poker hand

S

srirams79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I started playing poker only 6 months ago, but I have watched EPTs and WPTs far too long to make some comments about playing and winning poker hands.

Playing any two cards: It's not what cards you are dealt with, its what story you are telling to the table. If for example, you have 2(D) and 7(S), and the flop comes 10,Q and K - spade same suited; You can play as if you have a K or Q by choosing the correct betting size. To know more about the betting size, follow my posts :)

Till then, good day. Happy pokering.:wavey:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is all good and well, except that you may be playing against someone with AJ or the actual KQ.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Controlling the bet can be good, but you have to be careful. It's easy to trap yourself.

HamSamick

HamSamick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play all hands when i'm in an environment where people don't go all-in preflop, and it's worked out pretty well for me.
This is not that environment lol.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is good until the opponent has a strong hand and is not trapping us. GL

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree , when you watch the likes of poker after dark or other games from the stream called https://www.twitch.tv/runitup247 from twitch they seem to play any 2 cards on that life poker don't they ?so yes post flop game and bet sizing seems to make all the difference there.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a strategy I’m comfortable with

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very dangerous path. The game is for any two cards a direct path to the departure.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must be playing against really weak opponents if that's working out for you. If you're playing against any decent players, as soon as they realize what you're doing your strategy is over. They will check/call you on the flop and on the turn just to check/raise you all in on the river and then most of your stack is gone.

It really is a terrible idea to play like that. After a while you can only steal blinds or lose a ton of money in any single hand. People will wait for good hands and you'll be mostly behind on the flop.

I know it seems that professional players do it like that, but it really isn't, unless in head's up, maybe. In a 9 player ring you have to consider that people will mostly raise pre flop with good hands and you can't just pretend you flopped the nuts every single time.

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll have to agree with the majority of the other comments on here. It's true to an extent, but that mentality is also an easy way to go bust. You can tell me any story you want, but my straight flush is going to ruin that happy ending.

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really understand this post. Frequencies are extremely important, and your range should include some bluffs, but when do you just decide to play any two cards?

kaktyc

kaktyc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now many new players play in Freeroll with any cards. There's nothing to lose in the Freeroll. Often such players are lucky to such an extent that my brain ceases to understand the correctness of the game. But this is not my way of playing and this way guarantees the fastest way out of the game.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree , when you watch the likes of poker after dark or other games from the stream called https://www.twitch.tv/runitup247 from twitch they seem to play any 2 cards on that life poker don't they ?so yes post flop game and bet sizing seems to make all the difference there.

Depends mostly on position. Blind vs. blind or if pot odds are otherwise good.

They are not getting into spots against good hands with weak hands (usually)

They are also very strong post-flop, which most of us are not close to these guys skillset

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I started playing poker only 6 months ago, but I have watched EPTs and WPTs far too long to make some comments about playing and winning poker hands.

Playing any two cards: It's not what cards you are dealt with, its what story you are telling to the table. If for example, you have 2(D) and 7(S), and the flop comes 10,Q and K - spade same suited; You can play as if you have a K or Q by choosing the correct betting size. To know more about the betting size, follow my posts :)

Till then, good day. Happy pokering.:wavey:

You are way off the map with your strategy. If you are blindly getting in hands with rags and pretending to have the nuts on these boards, you are going to bleed money. You are better off not playing garbage hands at all, unless the situation is correct.

If you bet into this board 4/5 times your getting called and getting stacked.

You are getting called from 9x, 10x, Jx, Qx, Kx, Ax which all have pairs and/or straight draws. Any hand with a spade is calling, and any suited hand w/ 2 spades is already flush (He isnt folding to your bluff) What exactly do you think is folding here? 22-88 and low suited connectors. Everything else has smashed this board hard. Even if you did actually have the Qx or Kx hand, you would be in rough shape. lol

Anyone can just blindly make bets and get people to fold. It just makes no sense to do this tho, when you have no equity to fall back on.

Last edited:
blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's all about the story you tell. You not always playing cards, you playing the person. You should be careful that you don't always bluff as one can get caught out.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I normally play all hands when i'm in an environment where people don't go all-in preflop, and it's worked out pretty well for me.
This is not that environment lol.

To play everything in your hands is the path to nowhere

D

DGautreau86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The title of this thread should be...

‘Quickest way to go home’ or

‘How to lose the rest of your chips’ or

‘How to avoid math and reason at the table table’

:) any other good titles?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this type of bluffing is likely to happen if you have a good reputation within the table. however, I prefer to take less risk and graduate my preflop bluff to have more weight on the flop.It is easier to bluff when you benefit from the position and against some players more docile or passive than others.If we move away from these parameters.we take more risks.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands