Playing against a player on a heater

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I currently play on 888 and I have noticed on several occasion that a guy that I never saw before plays A LOT OF hands and basically always get the nuts.
I just played 1h nl10 9max and I have seen the same guy getting flushes, set JJ against KK, Full KK over triple As, Royal straight with AJ ect... I mean what's going on here?? Of course there is always the beginner luck but come on this is just too much.
And it's not the first time I notice that. What are we supposed to do against that? Personally I just avoid playing hands against those guys.
I also play live and I don't recall experiencing that.

Did you experience that too?

T

twoG1cup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
didn't experience that on 888 (not allowed in my country) but I've experienced that in the card room I play in. It sucked because I always had the 2nd nuts while this guy had crazy good hands while having about 8x everyone else's stack.

But I did have a run like that today. Always got pocket pairs, caught a set on the flop twice and caught another one on the turn. It's variance.

Mati1265

Mati1265

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is only luck, you must play good as you know and try to take care when you are playing with this guy.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have the same on the pokerstars.
On every tournament ive played, there always was someone who had better cards than mine.
For example:
My hand AhKs vs. his 10s5s, preflop he raise 3 bb i call.
Flop shows As Kh 10s.
Guy goes all in (same stack as mine)
I call and then... Turn Jh river 9s...
Guy won with flush.

And that kind of situations ive get all the time. People risk with small hands and winning against good hands.