Can someone give some toughts on it?
Tks

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really dislike people who stall in the game, especially consistently. It's like they refuse to hit the fold button, as if it were something evil to do. All it does is annoy the other players. It serves no purpose besides that. It's as bad as disrespectful chat, in my opinion. Anyway, that's my $0.02. :)

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the pace of play sometimes is beyond watching paint dry. Hard to find a common ground on time bank and disconnect timers. If you haven't noticed they are trying to tackle this problem in live play in the bigger TV events. Anyone have any suggestions? I cannot think of a soild solution.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people may stall online because they are playing multiple tables or they are getting distracted by something away from the table.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people may stall online because they are playing multiple tables or they are getting distracted by something away from the table.

I can see that happening from time to time. I'm more concerned with the players that do it every hand; that's what annoys me to tears. :)

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
players who stall

I get really bored with players that stall. after two or three stalls I normaly leavev the cash poker table

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a great topic to discuss. At each tournament there is a player who constantly slows down the game by waiting for time. In most cases, these are players who play at a large number of tables. Many are annoyed, but this problem is not and I think not.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This feature does not bother me much. Everyone gets a timer. How they use it is their business. If you are getting bored waiting, maybe ask for or look for a tourney style with less time for each decision? You need the time anyway to take notes on the players, calculate your hand equity, pot odds, and ranges for the players. How else will you know how to play your hand against the opponents you are in the pot with?

Kanaaduh

Kanaaduh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst part is when you're in a tournament and you can't leave the table. I do think that when they make me wait all the time, it frustrates me and makes me make bad decisions.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Give as Good As I get... Unless we're in the bubble and they're Low Stacked and stall for higher pay out... lol then i Wait for them and speed up my response...

When they keep you waiting just do the same back, or treat people how they treat you... they'll get the message as no one like being kept waiting...

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There may be a few justifiable reasons for players taking their time. Perhaps they're stalling to put pressure on the short stacks or maybe they do it because they know how much it aggravates and eventually has the potential to put folx on tilt. They may be incredibly high and have a face full of cake and ice-cream. It's really just another speed bump in the game that is poker.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in stalling only if you are a short stack in a tournament that is getting close to the bubble. Other than that, stalling for the sole purpose of annoying other players is disrespectful... Specially in ring games.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I believe in stalling only if you are a short stack in a tournament that is getting close to the bubble. Other than that, stalling for the sole purpose of annoying other players is disrespectful... Specially in ring games.

I agree with you. And I noticed the same thing!

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's most likely because they multi table. I usually just leave the table.

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi there
It´s not only a matter of shutting the chat down as said in other thread
There is something more disrespectful than that
You are playing with others and a few insist in waiting for the time to finish
They don´t leave and keep doing it
I really don ´t know why they do such thing
There´s no benefit at all
Is a disrecpect to all other players at the table
Tks

Players tend to stall when you catch them in a bluff, and they want to get pay back by wasting your time. The only time the is a legit reason to intentionally stall is when the tourney is on bubble.

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi there
Tks

Players tend to stall when you catch them in a bluff, and they want to get pay back by wasting your time. The only time the is a legit reason to intentionally stall is when the tourney is on bubble.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Staling

Here’s what want to ask. DISCONNECTED, why does the whole table have to wait when someone gets disconnected? Why can’t we move on. I’m being nice , you can figure that out, help

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are we talking live or online? If there is no "shot clock" live, then yes stalling for 5 minutes or longer can hurt the game play. If we are talking online or a live game with a "shot clock", then I think you should be able to take your full 30 seconds per hand, and or use your time bank as needed.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday at the monthly freeroll on PS on the table we had a player with a stack under the average, but he kept stalling, and he spent his 60 seconds when we were near the button. And then on the button, when we were in a long hand-for-hand, the pause finished and he shoved his stack from utg. The problem was, we were still in h-f-h, no one had dropped in the earlier one. I doubt he had aces, it bet he thought he was in the money.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find the long pauses especially frustrating during hand for hand play in tournaments. Those long pauses do absolutely no good a that point...as everyone is playing the same amount of hands. It comes off as complete stupidity that they don't realize this. Aside from those situations, long delays never bother me that much. I'm also usually multi-tabling so I can easily shift my attention to another table. Annoying, yes...but no sense in letting something like that tilt you into making bad plays.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi there
Tks
its your clock
do what you want with it
how is it disrespect ?? < that makes no sense
patience is the key to winning at poker
cant wait 30 seconds ??

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its rude to tank on time and then click extra time when you are going to fold... some players do it way to often.

C

cleancerene

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its rude to tank on time and then click extra time when you are going to fold... some players do it way to often.
I agree I can see periodically but not every hand. I don't play more then one table I may some day but for now my concentration is limited to one at a time lol

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Not even an excuse. I mean I get it because I multi table as well but to constantly tank? Hell even more than a few times is still Inexcusable. Take it away from the internet real quick, Would you have the same Courtesy for a multi-table guy at the live Tourney? I wouldn't ,but that's just me. If you can't keep up then don't play multis.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its your clock
do what you want with it
how is it disrespect ?? < that makes no sense
patience is the key to winning at poker
cant wait 30 seconds ??

HI
it´s not the 30 secs that makes the diference
It´s the player who waits 30 sec and then fold at every hand
If he do not want to play then leave the game
Not using his time and then fold
Patience it´s another thing when the guy takes his time and after thinking a lot he plays
That i agree
Ok?