Paying attention.. play 1 tournament @ a time..?

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play multiple tournaments online at a time allot. Not anymore though. Personally I believe online can be just like playing live if you focus. Players have tells and giveaways when you watch them. I believe online is just the same. You can start noticing patterns with players.. like the time they use during hands(quick calls, quick raises..etc) When I'm playing more than 1 tournament I can't notice anything with players because of switching back and fourth from tables. Can you get reads and tells from players online? Do you only play 1 game at a time?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I play 2-3 tables at a time. I used to lack concentration and I only played at one table. But now my attention is enough even for three tables at once. I think it all depends on your experience.

jdorganic

jdorganic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play multiple tournaments online at a time allot. Not anymore though. Personally I believe online can be just like playing live if you focus. Players have tells and giveaways when you watch them. I believe online is just the same. You can start noticing patterns with players.. like the time they use during hands(quick calls, quick raises..etc) When I'm playing more than 1 tournament I can't notice anything with players because of switching back and fourth from tables. Can you get reads and tells from players online? Do you only play 1 game at a time?
I also make wrong decisions when playing on many tables... but on single table usually getting paid of the tournaments

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless I am deep in a large tournament, I prefer to have 3-4 running at the same time. It might cost me a slightly lower ROI, but it increase my hourly winrate.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Despite my best intentions to focus on poker I tend to start up something else when I find myself folding garbage. I;ll check email or take a peek at facebook. Then there's some news to read and so on. When I try to add a second poker game and get garbage on both there I am reducing the size of the game windows so I can do my 'thing'. So, no I stick to on tournament at a time. I find that when I wake up with a hand to play I simply go to fullscreen and hide everything else. With a 2nd game window I can't do that. Lastly, I think I make poorer decisions with multiple game windows open because I haven't paid close enough attention to either.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A better strategy

Good morning, everyone.
In my opinion, I don't believe it is a good strategy, playing 1 Mtt at a time paying attention, on average a good player will get itm 30% of the Mtts he plays.
Searching on the sharkscope you notice that the players who win a lot also play a lot of Mtts.
The secret of online poker is to play over 500 mtts a month.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.When I started playing poker I had the same problem.But, nowadays,with 10 years in this game,I couldn´t play just one table,I´d get bored.If you feel comfortable playing just one table,it is up to you mate.Good luck!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
No I cannot play 1 table at a time I will get bored and loose focus too easily.

There is no right or wrong answer as to how many tables you should play. Everyone is different you just need to find the right number that works for you. For some this number is 1 table for others it might 10 tables.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I totally agree with you! I don't understand those players who want to play successfully with multiple tables. It's ok for me to play only 1 table as I can follow the players normally

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only at one table! before I could play 4 tables and watch a movie, but it was so ineffective that in 3 months I won almost nothing! then switched to one table and things immediately went uphill!

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, by playing a single table, you will have your maximum level of play, you will be able to study the other players who share the table, you will think about the decisions, have the appropriate time. It will also depend on your goals in poker, maybe for some you play many tournaments at the same time that is correct.

Health :ac4::ah4:

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play three tables at the same time, more than that i start to not paying atntion to all players in the tables a start to make mistakes.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's always more profitable to monetize my gaming time when I multi-table. It is true that it is more difficult to analyze the style of play of my opponents when I play at 3 tables at the same time, but this decreases the effect of variance on my games. with experience and training. I hope to increase the number of games without losing quality in my games.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally prefer to play one to two really good tournaments rather than having multiple ones and reducing my concentration.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be sure, if I play at 1 table at once I know much better to follow events.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if I'm on FT of the largest buyin I play - and it is the last event of my evening - I will load up another small buyin - or a quick SnG - to pass the time while still paying attention to all the player tendencies.
I run normally 6 tables MTTs at the same time, i don't use a HUD - and I'm able to keep up with all the players on every table.

GL all.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 2-4 tournaments at a time, maximum 4 tables.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when im playing i take time to really choose wich tournaments i should play and i can play, if multi, it is definitely important to choose wich and how many tournaments to play because sometimes those extra regs can just ruin your entire game and profit nothing at the end of the day.