Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm thinking on buying a new laptop and I want it that works great having at minimum 2 poker software a PT4 and not have lag or that it shuts down because it get overheated..

So My question is which laptop do you think that could work for me ? with a 400$ - 500$ budget

I really want to be able to play multi lobby and have PT4 working or maybe RuneScape on the side and don't have problems with lag or overheat ...

I want to hear every advice also experts on computers could help me a lot thanks!

My actual laptop is too old battery not working it has to be plugged in and if stat processing to much it gets overheated and shuts down .. these are the specifications:

Time of this report: 5/12/2020, 18:00:00
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.190916-1700)
Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.72.35F.26
Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3560MB RAM
Page File: 3458MB used, 3660MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
With 400-500$ I would probably go with some three year old refurbished business model which would probably give you most bang for the buck. They are usually solid build and made for easy (well, easier) maintenance.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
With 400-500$ I would probably go with some three year old refurbished business model which would probably give you most bang for the buck. They are usually solid build and made for easy (well, easier) maintenance.
But which model? which specifications will support what I want to do ... Also don't know if is possible with 500$ hehehe I want to know which brand, processor, memory, can handle that if u know more about it I would appreciate the info ...

thanks!

N

neonprpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.I think most important in choosing a laptop for online poker playing is the size of the screen.The bigger the better.The other specs don t really matter even if it's a low price laptop it will do fine for online playing graphics etc.All new laptops are great,you don't need much.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
First, what you should do is to google all the software you are going to use on your next laptop and find the minimum/recommended system requirements from their sites. That should give a clue of which kind of processor (e.g. quad core) works best, how much RAM you need, etc. Once you know these things you can start looking what is available in you price range.

I think it's quite safe to say that almost any laptop with at least quad core CPU, and at least with 8 gigs of RAM will work adequately. But keep in mind that if you go with a refurbished one it might not come with a new battery.

J

jmg199

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having reliable internet is by far the most important thing.
I use the ethernet cable instead of wifi as much as I can.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing on an old HP laptop for years now, and am getting close to a new one. I dont think poker software is very graphics demanding, but lots of RAM and an ethernet connection are highly recommended. I will most likely go with a $300-$500 HP again...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm thinking on buying a new laptop and I want it that works great having at minimum 2 poker software a PT4 and not have lag or that it shuts down because it get overheated..

So My question is which laptop do you think that could work for me ? with a 400$ - 500$ budget

I really want to be able to play multi lobby and have PT4 working or maybe RuneScape on the side and don't have problems with lag or overheat ...

I want to hear every advice also experts on computers could help me a lot thanks!

My actual laptop is too old battery not working it has to be plugged in and if stat processing to much it gets overheated and shuts down .. these are the specifications:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.190916-1700)

What country do you reside in?
A new laptop here in canada might cost much more than the same one in USA or germany.. etc.

For laptops I've mostly used DELL without any problems. (but have also owned HP, Toshiba, SONY, & ACER).

An i5 processor with 8GB Ram should more than suffice.
I don't think you'll need any extra Graphics card... the onboard graphics in the processor should be enough for playing multiple sites while using PT4.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

So you'd use your future laptop not just for poker but also for runescape? If yes then maybe we'd do 1 vs 1 there (or not) ...

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

idk about ur local prices, but recently i've bought a laptop to operate metal cutting machine from my local pawn shop. price wast 200Euro for HP, quad core i5, 8gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1gb video card, 15", 5 hour battery life and manufactured in 2018

specs like you've mentioned in your post cost like 100-120euro for the laptop manufactured in 2017 (dual core/4gb and so on)

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anything can work and its the same but the bigger the screen is the better cause when you are pro you play multi table then bigger screen is better

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not know . The last time I saw a laptop of $450-550 be very very nice , optimal price range for a good laptop , with a good guarantee , manufactor company with good reputation , good system . But I decided to buy a PC with 1700 euros . Well , if I could turn back time , I would have bought the laptop , LOL .

The laptop I have now , it's price was 220 euros . Open box and with shutdowns/forced restrts/system failures from the very first month . Don\'t ask why I didn't return it the first day , lol . When I did actually took it to the service , two F times , they pretended they fixed it , changed even the hard disk , MFs ... The fooled me big time . I haven't shoped from them since then , not even a wired mouse or just wire , LOL :)

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play on the same table, you can play on the phone, and if there are several tables and an expensive tournament, it is better on the PC because there are important poker programs and you need to follow all

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite my last post I went with a lenovo s145, on sale at shoppers for $239 CAN.. Its HD is small at 128GB, but its SSD and FAST! Multi-tables at 888 play great..So far Im loving it :)

Last edited:
Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
What country do you reside in?
A new laptop here in Canada might cost much more than the same one in USA or Germany.. etc.

For laptops I've mostly used DELL without any problems. (but have also owned HP, Toshiba, SONY, & ACER).

An i5 processor with 8GB Ram should more than suffice.
I don't think you'll need any extra Graphics card... the onboard graphics in the processor should be enough for playing multiple sites while using PT4.

I'm in Venezuela Thanks you very much I've been doing Research and yes exactly what you mention an i5 Processor with 8gb Ram I believe it would work good

So you'd use your future laptop not just for poker but also for runescape? If yes then maybe we'd do 1 vs 1 there (or not) ...

hehehe Yes I we could but I'm still a noob I just started playing like 2 months ago you could teach hehe and then we can do 1 vs 1 probably still don't the level to make a good fight !

idk about ur local prices, but recently i've bought a laptop to operate metal cutting machine from my local pawn shop. price wast 200Euro for HP, quad core i5, 8gb ram, 250gb ssd, 1gb video card, 15", 5 hour battery life and manufactured in 2018

specs like you've mentioned in your post cost like 100-120euro for the laptop manufactured in 2017 (dual core/4gb and so on)

Wow I think that's a nice price probably an 8th gen processor right ? ... and yes my laptop is even from before I believe... this was an old laptop than my cousin send cause he had himself a new one

Thanks all fr your responses!