Is it good to do, if so when is the best time
If not why

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol only when u have to get a beer or go pee or go eat...and maybe if ur tilting and playing bad

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lmao eaglelite. I thought your in a game to play:eek: . How you going to win if you sit out:D But if you have to I would say when the blinds are really low so your chippies don't go away on you fast.

In my opinion you play each hand accordingly. If you don't like it 10 times in a row then fold it...thats just like sitting out.

The worse is when you have to get up to go do something and your a sit out, you return to the computer only to find those monster Aces in your hand and can't get to the mouse fast enough to hit Sit in....as you watch the Aces folded right before your very eyes.:p

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya happened to me before and more than once....KK QQ AA grrrr everytime

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worse is when you have to get up to go do something and your a sit out, you return to the computer only to find those monster Aces in your hand and can't get to the mouse fast enough to hit Sit in....as you watch the Aces folded right before your very eyes.:p

No, the worst is when you see AA, so you raise pre-flop and while BB is thinking about a call, you decide you might have enough time to charge to the bathroom, but once you get there, you can't undo your zipper fast enough and piss yourself, and then come back to the computer and realize that BB shoved all-in and you timed out and folded on the bubble of the Sunday Million.
Then a guy with an ax busts through your door and chops your legs off and tells you that you have to choose which one of your children gets to live, and if you don't decide within 20 seconds, he will kill them both, and so you try to decide but then you pass out 'cause your legs just got chopped off and you lost too much blood, so he kills both of your children and you die in a pool of blood next to your computer, so you end up auto-folding all your hands and getting bounced on the bubble of the Sunday Million.

That's the worst.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's my compromise.

Sit there, with the sitting out sign up if you must, and fold as if you were sitting out. WATCH the table. Watch the other players.

Early in tourneys I often act as if I am not there till I get that first nice playable hand. I fold fast out of position as if the system folded for me. I get a chance to see who is playing what way, and can plan a bit of strategy before he even has a clue about me.

Funny thing about sitting out. Yesterday, I had a long lunch and joined a tourney at PokerNordica, a site I could easily learn to like. As things turned out I had to leave at the first break. About ten minutes before that I announced that I would be leaving, and sitting out. Just before the announcement I had a rush that vaulted me into the top ten spots. With about 800 to go at the break, I clicked the sitting out button and left. Hoping to get back in time to play some more hands. That didn't happen, but I coasted into 21st place.

Van's got the worst right, happened to me just the other day.......

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lmao Vanquish you have quite the wild imagination, how you feelin today :)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is everyones opinion on SITTING OUT
Is it good to do, if so when is the best time
If not why
I assume you mean in a tournament. I also assume you mean as a tool and not for its intended purpose.

To sit out for something you have to do is fine, of course. But the subject of sitting out as a tool in a tournament gets quite heated at times around here. I don't do it, but I really don't care if someone else does it. I'll be happy stealing their blinds and avoiding any big hands they won't be playing.

I've noticed it happening a lot at Absolute in some SnG's I would play. Someone would double up and sit out for a couple of rounds. To me, that shows they have a lack of confidence in their game and they are afraid of getting beat and losing their chips. Either that or they are multi-tabling and are trying to get ahead in their other games by concentrating on them, which is another disadvantage to them.

I equate sitting out as a tool to going all-in every hand. Sooner or later, it's gonna come back to bite you in the ass.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lmao Vanquish you have quite the wild imagination, how you feelin today :)

Doing very well today, except I had this dream that I was at the final table of a NLHE bracelet event with only two players left (Allen Cunningham and some other guy). So, we were dealt our cards, and Allen was BB, and for some reason he folded out of turn even though there was no raise to him, but the dealer told him he couldn't 'cause it wasn't his turn, so he took his cards back. Button folded, and I was SB with KQ, so I raised to 1 million chips, and Allen didn't fold, and took a long time counting his chips. Then the phone rang and I woke up. I was so pissed, it was such a fun dream.

eaglelite

eaglelite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No people I mean when you are sitting at a multi table (10,000) people in the tornament.
What I am trying to say is that I see them do it on pokerstars.com and FTP when I in the Freeroll tornaments people win big then sit out then come bac half way through win big again and sit out again is that allowed

eaglelite

eaglelite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are a very funny fella vanquish
No, the worst is when you see AA, so you raise pre-flop and while BB is thinking about a call, you decide you might have enough time to charge to the bathroom, but once you get there, you can't undo your zipper fast enough and piss yourself, and then come back to the computer and realize that BB shoved all-in and you timed out and folded on the bubble of the Sunday Million.
Then a guy with an ax busts through your door and chops your legs off and tells you that you have to choose which one of your children gets to live, and if you don't decide within 20 seconds, he will kill them both, and so you try to decide but then you pass out 'cause your legs just got chopped off and you lost too much blood, so he kills both of your children and you die in a pool of blood next to your computer, so you end up auto-folding all your hands and getting bounced on the bubble of the Sunday Million.

That's the worst.

eaglelite

eaglelite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thankx for that

That is more in the lines of what I was looking for, because I hate it when you get down to the last 100 and there r people sitting out and end up lasting longer then me when I have been working so hard.
Here's my compromise.

Sit there, with the sitting out sign up if you must, and fold as if you were sitting out. WATCH the table. Watch the other players.

Early in tourneys I often act as if I am not there till I get that first nice playable hand. I fold fast out of position as if the system folded for me. I get a chance to see who is playing what way, and can plan a bit of strategy before he even has a clue about me.

Funny thing about sitting out. Yesterday, I had a long lunch and joined a tourney at PokerNordica, a site I could easily learn to like. As things turned out I had to leave at the first break. About ten minutes before that I announced that I would be leaving, and sitting out. Just before the announcement I had a rush that vaulted me into the top ten spots. With about 800 to go at the break, I clicked the sitting out button and left. Hoping to get back in time to play some more hands. That didn't happen, but I coasted into 21st place.

Van's got the worst right, happened to me just the other day.......

eaglelite

eaglelite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you Mr sticker thats exactly what I am talking about