Opening ranges

P

papaMeista

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in your thoughts about my 2.5x - 3.5x opening ranges from different positions. I'm wondering if my range is a little to tight or not.

My opening ranges are:

UTG: 4.7%
UTG+1: 5.4%
MP1: 8.1%
MP2: 11.9%
HJ: 18.4%
CO: 22.9%
BU: 28.5%

I usually get to the final table (playing online with usually 30+ ppl since the virus) and I'd say around 30% of the time I get on the final table I also get in the money. But I really want to know what you guys think about my ranges here. Hopefully I find some help here.

Greetings, Marco

Last edited:
Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in your thoughts about my 2.5x - 3.5x opening ranges from different positions. I'm wondering if my range is a little to tight or not.

My opening ranges are:

UTG: 4.7%
UTG+1: 5.4%
MP1: 8.1%
MP2: 11.9%
HJ: 18.4%
CO: 22.9%
BU: 28.%
I usually get to the final table (playing online with usually 30+ ppl since the virus) and I'd say around 30% of the time I get on the final table I also get in the money. But I really want to know what you guys think about my ranges here. Hopefully I find some help here.

Greetings, Marco

Hi Marco

I see that you vary the amounts that you open with. I do not think this is necessary. I believe that opening the betting, or following a raise or a limp, the idea should be to be consistent, which will give the least information to your opponents.

Hence I would open the betting with a raise of 2.25x from any position. This would only vary if there had been action before I entered the pot. As an example if there was one limper before the action got to me I would open 3.25x, adding 1x for the limper to my original raising option.So if I there was two limpers my bet would be 4.25x and so on

There are loads of strategy articles on here, and some very good, professional and players of all levels.

If you use the search function, at the top of page and enter what you are looking for you will see loads of articles on all types of subjects, involving poker or not.

If you follow this link , it will take your to the search function I mentioned.

Welcome to CC the best poker forum in the world.

Marc

M

MyPokerCoaching

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Marco,

Opening ranges are not the only thing that determines your end results for sure, but I would say you should be opening a bit more, especially when antes come into play.

As previously mentioned, you should not vary your open sizes too much, there is no point in doing that, to be honest, but most importantly do not change sizing based on your hand strength. Just keep consistent and it will help you to prevent giving away some of the sizing tells you might have.

As for ranges itself, if the administrator does not mind, I will share a link to my charts HERE! This will help you see how many more hands you can play, and hopefully result in more ITM finishes ;)