online timing tells

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you noticed some to share?. I had noticed when villain checks flop toooo fast he usualy missed and folds to a bet cbet. Preflop when someone quickly raises from ep usually has good hand

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so......

have you played him enough to know he does this almost each and every time?:cool:

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oic......

being almost everyone plays like that?:cool:.....what you saying?

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my thread is for some general tells over population if you have noticed, specific player tells are different

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. You should look at the history of him at that table. If he checks faster than usual maybe he is trapping you. You should see through his habits. That comes down to miliseconds. Because of that i always play with variety.

Y

Young_belin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What I've noticed when opponents snap call on flop and turn they are usually on a draw. If they had a value hand they would think about raising or slow playing. And if they had nothing they would think about floating or just folding. Now this is only true for Rec players because regs know better not to do this or raise there draws

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he checks faster than usual maybe he is trapping you. You should see through his habits.
Perhaps. Anything is possible. Never seen that happen though. It almost always means 2nd/3rd/bottom pair or some kind of draw. Since many micro level players are chasing flushes, that's a high probability.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually let my time bank warning countdown come on regardless of my action so no tells are leaked. It doesn't matter at the level I play but is good practice to get into. Most peole are multi-tabling so the timing tells are not something I would rely on.

C

callmematt93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when I have a monster I wait a few seconds to call sometimes too quick of a raise screams bluff all depends on the player though

H

Hondo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually let my time bank warning countdown come on regardless of my action so no tells are leaked. It doesn't matter at the level I play but is good practice to get into. .

:captain:And this is precisely why tournaments take forever to play. Too many people wasting way too much time.

:jd4:

RVlad17

RVlad17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me when they bet fast they clearly have something at low stakes...or they could be just mad cause u call every bet:D

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually let my time bank warning countdown come on regardless of my action so no tells are leaked. It doesn't matter at the level I play but is good practice to get into. Most peole are multi-tabling so the timing tells are not something I would rely on.
The problem with this is,,,your annoying the whole table and they will `gun` for you,,,and you don`t want that unless you have the nuts.i`m the opposite and play without a hesitation in my bets,,,i find it puts people on their heels and forces them to make decisions before they ready,or their ego gets the better of them.:p (and your right about the Hud/multi table guys,,you know their playing by hud and by how you`ve played so far,so i take that in account)

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can not detect TELLS playing ONLINE ... because the speed of an online player's response also depends on how many tables he is playing, he may be playing 3 tables at the same time and that's why it takes him a long time to play or delay play, I think the TELLS are more in the betting round of a hand, the continuation bet says a lot about your opponent

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's dangerous to look into this kind of thing, I think it's better to just focus on your own game.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:captain:And this is precisely why tournaments take forever to play. Too many people wasting way too much time.

:jd4:

Yeah, thats what takes so long. LOL. Im not talking about the actual time bank Captain. I'm talking about when it prompts you its your turn. :driver:

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,

I always look for patterns, try to be attentive to whatever tell I can spot (betting size, time to act, position played, last 10 hands outcome...), but I do that mostly for weak players because one has to be aware of the good players who can use that against you.

Anyway, I agree, for many spots, one should look for the tells he figured before to help him make a decision.

GL

CforChampion

CforChampion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look for patterns and try to figure out what type of player your opponent is and how he/she is playing.

I find it easy to pick up on timing tells but sometimes people play very well and do reverse reverse psychology. :D :D

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that people you are always waiting on are probably playing multiple tables. It might even say they are inactive and sometimes I've tried to take advantage of this by raising if they are in the BB but they can come back and play at the last second so be careful. :).

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually the longer they take to act it’s just hollywooding

T

tojobaggins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yah ive noticed

if ur sittin across from somebody long enough, u can tell by both the timing of the bet and the amount of the bet... like somepeople bet random numbers when they are bluffing and even numbers when they have something. (slide bar vs pot fraction betting)

Poker Tells