• Thread starter Cristiano Pfitscher
  • Start date
Cristiano Pfitscher

Cristiano Pfitscher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello fellas, I've a doubt about tells in online tables. The bet/call/raise take the same paterns? Can we put a tell profile in all limits at the same way? Can we have some shortcurt to find the right play? Remember we're talking about time tells.:p

Danoncebay

Danoncebay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting the question. When I have big tournaments I usually take my time for each action, even if it's a check or bet, I feel that with it I eliminate all kinds of tell in what the action time reflects. I rarely make quick calls

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the only shortcut to a timed tell is having a premium hand to raise with; AA, KK, AKstd, etc. If not then the irony is time will tell. If you've made a nice pre-flop raise and they take over half a minute to call/raise u as part of their image then I wouldn't worry. If a player is doing this out of character, just tanking a bit then it would raise an eyebrow.

Cristiano Pfitscher

Cristiano Pfitscher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
TY

Interesting the question. When I have big tournaments I usually take my time for each action, even if it's a check or bet, I feel that with it I eliminate all kinds of tell in what the action time reflects. I rarely make quick calls

Ty bro, the time tells still bring me some troubles, but your contribution will be considerated. GL on poker and good life.

S

serialy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I often use time tells as an added element to vary play style. If given the chance (and the bet isn't out of reason), I'll snap call on a dead turn, giving the bettor pause on the river (and a chance to hit, if I haven't already). Adding normal time and quick folds, switching up your timing leaves no room for predictability (for me, i think).

A

Albert 1986

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It does not matter what card you have in hand, it’s important how to calculate your bluff correctly, how to calculate the odds of your hand and the bank, well, the most important thing is luck, if she smiles at you, it means your sweat, small or large, all depends on your ability to play )

G

Gsxrboy5704

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi new to the forum and on mobile/missing a finger so sorry for any missed typos. The banner keeps yelling at me to say hi so.....hi again.

For your own timing you need to warm up just like any competitive sport or game. I go to a low stake or free play and over analyze every move I make and put a dry erase tick mark on my monitor over the timer bar(betonline) when I feel it's a comfortable amount of time but not obnoxious. In regular stakes or tournaments I make every action in the same amount of time on my tick mark if I'm struggling to analyze the hand by then I fold. Id rather lose a hand then give an advantage when timing and betting patterns are the only tells you have.

For opponents I personally make more notes on betting habits then timing. Timing is to inconsistent online bad connection, drinking/eating, multiple tabs/tables or just distracted the moment your trying to make a read. Betting habits are really hard to break so they usually stay the same. Person I played with today almost always bet 2x the blind when he was chasing and .5 pot if he hit or bet the pot or folded if he missed. He never called or bet pre flop when off the blinds with less then J10.

Maybe not the best advice but take advantage of the time your not in a hand and make notes on everyone......they can't see you and you can change your notes if you feel your wrong and will get better with practice.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Timing tells are a thing, but there are people who use reverse timing tells so it's not a great crutch to lean on.

I only go to timebank if I'm contemplating a big all-in call so the villain will not really gain any info since the hand is over once I make the decision.

I have seen people tank because they were pondering and then I've seen them tank to appear weaker than they were. Just got to go with your read in situations when you aren't 100% sure.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I pick up a monster, but I feel that my opponent is also something that I try to put together to make a check, I do it quickly that my opponent would have thought that I had nothing and bet first. Or I wait before you make a bet to my opponent think I have monster cards.
But it all depends on my position at the table, and my opponents and my reputation.

Poker Tells