Online tells

UnderDawg5501

UnderDawg5501

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Just lately I've watched some of Daniel Negreanu's videos on youtube. Playing in the $25,000 High Roller wsop 2021 Online Championship tournament. His name as well as a few other professionals were there for all to see. As he was running through the hands he was getting and dissecting his thoughts while streaming. Many times he knew what he was going to do, set his bet and such, and waited for the time to almost run out, sometimes even into the time bank. I've also noticed a number of others in their streaming videos who never check the Check/Fold box. So that becomes something that changes what tells they are sending while playing. Bet sizes and other little things are another thing to take into consideration.

At the end of the day, the information someone puts out is always subject to interpretation. Choosing a nickname with fish/whale or whatever in it should be less of a tell than how one is playing, the cards they showdown with and all the little things the "Hero" should be making notes about.

As always, your mileage may vary!

Cheers!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Ofcourse it can . It can show how serious or fun or joker a player is . Lol . There are tells in online poker , maybe not so many like in live poker , but yes , they do exist. Most experienced players can identify many tells , and keep notes for them for future use .

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
The only thing I pay attention to is how long the player thinks about making a decision, the longer the time, the more dangerous the opponent.
It seems many people think that.. can be exploited by making quick bets with strong hands

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Some players deliberately use the so-called reverse tell to mislead opponents or lower their guard. Nevertheless, nicknames often provide an opportunity to determine the age, experience and level of creative ingenuity of the opponent. Use it to your advantage!

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you can get an idea of the age of a player by their name since some names a young person just would not choose but this tell you very little of their playing ability or style

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
here you can look both from the right side and from the wrong side, the name can deceive you and can help you figure it out and everything will fall into place if you understand him as a player and you understand his name too

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online tell?

Never heard of online tells.

One thing that sets live from online is the lack of tells.

As far as I know the only thing that can give you some sort of play style in online game are the stats that you usually get thru a tracker HUD.

Online tell is a pleonasm to me.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we are talking really thin edges, but you could probably glean some information from the use of capitalization and the "cleverness" of the name. I think the avatars probably offer a little bit of information as well.

Poker Tells