Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello, dear online poker players!

Some times I show, sometimes I erase, sometimes I change the pic...
For me, there's nothing to do with the game development itself, but, any manner, the avatars give life colors to the game, it's fun, and if some image bothers you just block it.
images

What you say?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree! :) I really support to use more and more players avatars cause it makes the game colorful and giving something sweet personal air as well.

Apart from poker tables, luckily many people used the chance to personalise their CC profile, so our site is very friendly to even look at. :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t usually bother someone else’s avatar so I don’t even block it.

Important information can be deduced from it about the other player, unless his avatar is deceptive. ;)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Totally agree! :) I really support to use more and more players avatars cause it makes the game colorful and giving something sweet personal air as well.

Apart from poker tables, luckily many people used the chance to personalise their CC profile, so our site is very friendly to even look at. :)
Oh yes:shakehand

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool, it's an additional way to express something (or not), some are funny / curious :)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don’t usually bother someone else’s avatar so I don’t even block it.

Important information can be deduced from it about the other player, unless his avatar is deceptive. ;)
A kind of tells.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually dont even notice the avatars. I have no problems with them just no anything i pay attention to. I keep mine blank.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the site, I tend to turn off all the distractions when I can. No throwables, no cartoon animals, etc. 888 looks like a kid's cartoon with the default settings on. Yeesh. No idea why they make things so childish- but if it distracts others it's an advantage.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depending on the site, I tend to turn off all the distractions when I can. No throwables, no cartoon animals, etc. 888 looks like a kid's cartoon with the default settings on. Yeesh. No idea why they make things so childish- but if it distracts others it's an advantage.
Hi player!
I understand that is quite possible, but when happens, I believe must be with very little effect (or to a beginner player).
That does not affect my game at all and I see it just like a fun stuff.
I may say that some pics are really a kinda not good taste (in my point of view), but they still does not affect my game at all.
Good luck!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

This. I find them juvenile and have them all hidden if feasible. It gives the feeling I am playing with children.

I have no issue if someone has inserted an image into their avatar but they seldom reveal anything, but as for the cartoon characters...

Last edited:
Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Throwables are silly, people use them to get other players annoyed or to tease them.

However, my avatar IS The Avatar, so I like 'em! :cool:

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I luv em and I use them

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Avatars, table themes, these things sometimes can be sources of distractions, but to be a winning player, the most important thing is playing well all the time, nothing else matters too much.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Avatars, I don’t bother much with them, unless is a big or horrible eye, that is very disturbing, so all those I just block right away :deal:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remove the avatars to increase concentration.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This. I find them juvenile and have them all hidden if feasible. It gives the feeling I am playing with children.

I have no issue if someone has inserted an image into their avatar but they seldom reveal anything, but as for the cartoon characters...

I guess it's to our advantage if they attract young players who are easily separated from their money while they enjoy throwing things at each other.
So I have no problem with them existing as long as we have the power to hide it all.
Let them get frustrated when we don't react at all to their taunts.

I am glad that the verbal nastiness in chat is pretty much a thing of the past too. It used to be terrible. I haven't seen that kind of thing in quite a while now. The worst I see lately is someone saying LOL over and over, or maybe the odd "donk" or "fish" comment, and these are easy to ignore or simply block.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where you can upload your own, i'll put up something I prefer. If it's just stock cartoon stuff that's site specific, i'll look through on the first day, pick something semi randomly and not likely notice it afterwards. If I can't pick something for myself, doesn't hold much interest for me.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not pay much attention to the avatars, but I would assume they may give an insight into the player. I may do a study for my self.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think they are so good at pokerstars, i wish there would more in the near future, some of the 888 Poker are also awesome, specially the 2D avatars 😍

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I see a shark avatar I always think there is a fish playing there. And I'm almost right about that. The reason is that a real shark never wants that people know it.
The avatar I use in the games is one that I just found fun. No messages in it, but sometimes I notice that some players put me in the fish category for it. It is always an advantage, I think.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I see a shark avatar I always think there is a fish playing there. And I'm almost right about that. The reason is that a real shark never wants that people know it.
The avatar I use in the games is one that I just found fun. No messages in it, but sometimes I notice that some players put me in the fish category for it. It is always an advantage, I think.
I fully agree with you. By the image shown by the player, to the world, we may say previously it's a matter of a fish:D.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I guess it's to our advantage if they attract young players who are easily separated from their money while they enjoy throwing things at each other.
So I have no problem with them existing as long as we have the power to hide it all.
Let them get frustrated when we don't react at all to their taunts.

I am glad that the verbal nastiness in chat is pretty much a thing of the past too. It used to be terrible. I haven't seen that kind of thing in quite a while now. The worst I see lately is someone saying LOL over and over, or maybe the odd "donk" or "fish" comment, and these are easy to ignore or simply block.

Largely agree. But, GG Poker has certainly brought a level of conflict to their site intentionally and I cannot switch the nonsense off.

They include sets of avatars to comment on any hand...Running Hot, Running Cold etc. but they also steer it in a stupid direction including the use of WTF and You Suck.

Naturally some take is as an opportunity to take things further and they appear to think they can swear and berate other players constantly within chat. It makes for a really unpleasant atmosphere at times.

Now I should point out that I believe (or rather guess) that some have the ability to turn this all off...but I do not (I have noticed some players have a few abilities which I do not either...to always show their cards in they want as an example and I can only do so in a hand).

Anyways, I have always enjoyed playing at GG but the excellent software is let down by the antagonistic back and forth which can occur but are completely unnecessary.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talking about distractions I don't mind at all to be distracted a little bit by funny or pretty avatars. I like imagine how others can look like in real life, or get a piece of them. You don't need to play every hand, so as the parties can be long, so for me its reminding that we are all humans with different backgrounds. :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Largely agree. But, GG Poker has certainly brought a level of conflict to their site intentionally and I cannot switch the nonsense off.

They include sets of avatars to comment on any hand...Running Hot, Running Cold etc. but they also steer it in a stupid direction including the use of WTF and You Suck.

Naturally some take is as an opportunity to take things further and they appear to think they can swear and berate other players constantly within chat. It makes for a really unpleasant atmosphere at times.

Now I should point out that I believe (or rather guess) that some have the ability to turn this all off...but I do not (I have noticed some players have a few abilities which I do not either...to always show their cards in they want as an example and I can only do so in a hand).

Anyways, I have always enjoyed playing at GG but the excellent software is let down by the antagonistic back and forth which can occur but are completely unnecessary.

Move up in buyins over $1 and I think you'll start to see less of it.