Online Poker "Teams": Is it OK to get advice while playing?

K

Kaski54

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

Few weeks ago I was watching some sum-ups of heads up poker play between famous poker professionals. The one I was watching to mentioned he was analyzing past hands with his 'team'.
Some questions come up to me:
1. Is it ok to have several persons in your room watching your game and giving advices?
2. Would You accept such situation knowing there is a bunch of people on the other end of on-line seat?
3. Is it legal or not?

Best regards,
Darek K.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

Few weeks ago I was watching some sum-ups of heads up poker play between famous poker professionals. The one I was watching to mentioned he was analyzing past hands with his 'team'.
1. Is it ok to have several persons in your room watching your game and giving advices?
2. Would You accept such situation knowing there is a bunch of people on the other end of on-line seat?
3. Is it legal or not?

Best regards,
Darek K.
I don't think when you play poker is good to someone to give you advice , it upsets you. This is my opinion.

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Royal and it is acceptable to have people sweat your rail but IMO, best to have the suggestions during the review session.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recieving advice from other people during the hand is known as ghosting, and its against the rules of the game. It is however almost impossible for poker sites to detect, if this is taking place. So realistically its a way of cheating, which not much can be done about in online poker, unless people are stupid enough to do it openly on a stream or something.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While playing every word that comes out from an opponent should be used as info against them of he give me and advice it will help me understand his game more.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I personaly would not like getting advises while playing, it would disturb me.
But it can be interesting to review previous hands with another player who can bring a new look

Last edited:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The rules are 'one head, one hand'.

Having other people with you lending advice during play isn't allowed.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

3. Is it legal or not?

Best regards,
Darek K.

If we take an honest irgra, then of course it is illegal . Since the more professionals you have in your team, the more clearly you will understand the situation in the hand . But if you take online poker then many programs will allow you to save time on calculations