Online poker or real live ? Do you feel that computer cheats you ?

R

R1_1000

Rising Star
Total posts
online poker or real live ? do you feel that computer cheats you ?

Do you play better online or live ?

i do play better live:laugh::laugh::laugh:

D

DeuceParade

Enthusiast
Total posts
I think that it's much easier to play better online. You can see the exact stack and pot sizes at all times.

That being said, I don't feel online poker is legitimate poker. That's just one man's opinion.

B

bapfel

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
For me online poker is better, playing as a hobby some hours, without travelling and loosing a lot of time for real life. And online you can play any time.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Total posts
Awards
The computer cheats, the dealer cheats, the poker room cheats. But playing live poker is much more difficult. You will not feel comfortable outside the house when hundreds of eyes are focused on you.

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I think on Live the players usually play more carefully because they will go home if they lose. I like that.

T

Tomiveres

Enthusiast
Total posts
Some days i feel like online poker is cheating me , like i have 2-3 days in a row losing with almost every card , every coin flip , every 60/40 i;m losing , but after that comes days that i cannot lose , wining every hand , so in my opinion online poker is legit .

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I think it's better online, your rivals can't see your expressions or your body postures. Sometimes the computer gives the winning hand unfairly to the poor hands.

C

Cooking

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I don’t have much experience playing live poker, so, I probably play better online. Also, I like that I can play multiple table at the same time, sometimes I think live poker a little tedious.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I am good online and live sensational:star:. I win tournaments in a row and ... oops, my hand is hanging in the toilet :toilet: and I woke up. I haven't even played seriously live, but it would be nice to be able to tell stories like that. :flute:
:tomato:Sorry. :icon_joke

Good luck.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
BR
poker live vs online

Good morning everyone.
It is necessary to understand how poker software is programmed, in my pinion they have a program that most of the time favors those who have more chips, mainly in Mtts K.O.
poker sites earn when you sign up for a $ 109 Mtt, part goes to $ 9, the faster players are eliminated, the faster they will sign up for other Mtts and the more the sites will profit, no it is rare for a player with many more chips going All in against 2 players and with the worst hand to win.
When you compare the results of live vs online poker, you realize that online will happen a lot more times with very strong Full hands, flushs, straights and cracks, the poker sites do interfere in the card draws, in my opinion.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
computer doesnt cheat on me but i dont trust him

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Personally I prefer live poker any day

J

Janzinho

Rising Star
Total posts
"Underdog Supporting Algorithm" used by Pokers Stars?

Hello CardsChat Community, ;)

my name is Johann (from Germany; not the best in written English :D) and to make things clear, I´m not here for whining or moaning about "how rigged the Poker Stars site" is. I am here for your opinion and your thoughts. Just let me know if my observations and conclusions could be as far as possible. The key questions is: "Would Poker Stars manipulate the algorithm to encourage 'bad' players keep playing poker in order to strenghen the own business model?"

I am playing for about 17 years now on PS and like anybody else (who plays poker) I´ve experinced every single facet of this game. The ups, the dows and everything in between. But in the last let´s say 12 month something is different. A strong feeling that is becoming stronger from month to month is that a disproportionately amount of hands that are behind pre-flop become the winning hands for the most of time in the end.

I would decribe myself as an recreational passive-aggressive player and I get my chips in good in most all-in cases (more details later). As mentioned I recognized lately a big change in how often the underdog hands are winning on Poker Stars. Not only in my case but also while watching poker streams I made a similar observation. I have a degree in economics. So statistics, variance and standard deviation are no strangers to me. That´s why I started to track my all-in spots to find out if my feelings about this were right or if it was just an emotional fallacy. You´re now going to see the results of a sample of about fifteen-thousand hands after a semi-excessive playing period of a few month by me.
*By the way: My personal feeling and estimation during this entire period of playing was like it´s been the whole year before: Losing way too many situations while dominating opponents hand. But let´s see what the statistics say.

The method I used was quite simple and (as I believe) very efficient:

I only looked at all-in situations with one caller. I had 3 columns (in excel) to evaluate.

1st column:
Every time I dominated (60% and more) my opponents hands I gave me 1 point. (and 0 points to the opponent in the 2nd column)

2nd column:
Everytime I was dominated (also at least by 60%) I gave my opponent 1 point and a 0 to me (1st column).

Everything in between I handled like a flip: 0.5 points for each of us.

3rd column:
Everytime I won a hand I entered a 1, everytime I lost I entered a 0 and a split was a 0.5.

And here are the results:

1st column: I got my money in good in 57.5% of the time.

2nd column: Logically my opponents got it in good in 42.5% of the time.

The 3rd and most important column: I won 37.8% of my hands.

As you can see there is a gap of about 20% between my pre-river expectations and the post-river outcome.

Conclusion:
To be honest: I don´t want to make a conclusion at this point just to spark a conspiracy. But as an studied economic I cannot oversee the huge and statistically strongly significant space between theory and reality. And also as a passionate and caring poker player I can´t leave this astronomical impropability unmentioned. (Edit: After a break I decided to give PS another shot today. I know it´s only a tiny sample of a few hundred hands and the results could fit easy into normal variance but just wanted to share this with you: 1st column: 71.4% of the times as a favourite all-in. 2nd: Villian 28.6% in front. 3rd. Won 21.4% of the all-ins)

If I had an own business, I would try anything legal to increase my profit. Expecially when competition is getting thougher. Is there a possible chance that PS is 'helping' underdogs not to lose joy? Another three questions come to mind when I think about all of this:

1) How good is the Poker Stars´ random algorithm and how can we be sure we haven´t been betrayed?

2) Which instance is controlling this software and who pays this instance for doing it´s job?

3) Is there a way to make the random algorithm transparent, so poker players can trust poker sites?

It´s up to you
What do you think about all of this? Have you made similar experiences or have you ever had similar thoughts? Or do you think everything´s OK and do you experience a well balanced outcome in the spots I mentioned? I would like to hear from you. :rolleyes:

Best regards,
Johann

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Total posts
Well, to answer your first question. I think it is easier to play live because you have more elements to take into consideration before you take a decision. To your second question, i do not think it is rigged, although i do not think the cards are dealt in a random way. It changes from site to site, but i think the cards come in a logic way according to the probabilities that they should come.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
The only thing I think is there are too many aces falling at the online games boards.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Total posts
online poker the game process is faster than live, when playing live, you can chat with players

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Total posts
Online poker or live. Does online poker cheat you

Live poker is so much funner to play than online poker. The real person interaction the feel of the felt. And I do think online poker cheats people. Its been proven it has cheated people. Getting sucked out hard on every game you play on your computer and playing live where everthing usally goes pretty smoothly. Im taking live poker everyday.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
online poker or real live ? do you feel that computer cheats you ?

Do you play better online or live ?

i do play better live:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Visually online poker is better, but there are many all in boys!

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Total posts
Online poker I like for the comfort of playing where I want and how I want and I don't think that line is cheating on you, but live they feel other sensations

C

casique31

Rock Star
Total posts
When we win in online poker we do not feel that the rooms are cheating on the contrary when the variance is not in our favor we think that they are cheating us When you see some international tournaments or championships you realize that it is the same online as live

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Total posts
I always think that I am being deceived and I play all the same :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Legend
Total posts
Awards
seriously guys... just learn how to play poker.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Total posts
Yes, only now the problem is to play live.There are a lot of restrictions.And what else can we do?Correctly play-online)!

Organize a Home Poker Game