Online poker - Playing multiple tables

S

steinib00y

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

What are your experiences around playing multiple tables during online poker?

People may struggle being able to read the table and therefore automatically play a little tighter waiting for strong hands. Also you wont be able to find good spots to play aggresive and overall lose focus.

Any tips on how to improve on this area?

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like anything else, it takes practice. Once you've done that, it's so much easier. But I advise strongly that you start small.

Only when you have proof that you are winning at one table (and by proof, I mean a decent sample of tracked hands showing a minimum of 5BB/100 hands), then consider adding ONE more table to your play. If you find you can't handle it, go back to one table. There's no shame, poker is about winning money and you do what it takes to achieve this.

Again, if you find after a substantial number of hands that you are winning while playing two tables (again use a minimum of 5BB/100 hands), then add a third.

Repeat and adjust as necessary.

There is no quick route to multi-tabling if you want to do it successfully. Winning a higher rate with fewer tables is preferable to winning less or losing while playing lots.

And never ever multi-table to reach a bonus, rakeback or a reward chest. That's a quick way to lose your bankroll.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I played at three tables several times and always didn’t get out of this. First of all, the pace of games at different tables is confused, you don’t have time to track the tactics of your opponents, and you get tired faster. I’m sure that many people can handle this, but not I. I saw on TV one player who played at 17 tables at the same time (as they said about him), I don’t even get my head around how it is possible, but I prefer to understand the course of the game and therefore play at the same table. Sincerely, Sergey.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say to play 2 tabs at most to keep your focus
If you just want to play strong hands only, then you can play 4 tabs at most
Be aware that playing 4 tabs can be exhausting at some points
And when you tilt on one table then you will usually tilt on other tables

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Two tables is probably enough for me. As I play and prefer the turbo and hyper games, general tournaments take quite a long time to go round and a lot of time wasting in my opinion. It's sometimes quite clear that the next person is going to fold, so why have the clock run down completely? just get on with it! makes multiple tables quite easy to control because of this.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually play with two tables open. In my case, do the analysis of the other players with more open tables. Sometimes I find myself with 4 open tables, but they are rare.

From the moment the player evolves, I believe that he can gradually increase the number of tables to play.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys

What are your experiences around playing multiple tables during online poker?

People may struggle being able to read the table and therefore automatically play a little tighter waiting for strong hands. Also you wont be able to find good spots to play aggresive and overall lose focus.

Any tips on how to improve on this area?

This really depends on your level of play and most importantly, the types of games you are playing.

I have no opinion on ring games, as I am a fish in these and avoid them.

SNGs and MTTs, I usually mix them together and play 2-3 at a time.

I've dabbled in multi-tabling up to 8 tables, but it's just not as fun.

I'm playing to have a good time, not grind away my life. :D

What format do you usually play?

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are seated at one table, your win rate will be maximised, and you will be more likely to play your A game. This is assuming you are not bored or tilting of course. As you add more tables you should see an increase in your hourly rate, but a decrease in overall winrate.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In terms of what I feel I can best handle and what best suits my preference for game speed, I do two tables max. Sometimes you'll be jumping back and forth quickly and other times they'll be lulls in the action where you've already folded all of your hands and have nothing to do or watch. With the varying cadence of action or inaction, I feel that two tables is enough for me to satisfy my craving for poker without being overkill.

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get distracted too easy, so usually I'm playing a single table. One important thing: have a big screen or more than one monitor!

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing at several tables, you are waiting for a strong hand, but the game is built on this, since in many tournaments you do not get to the prizes.

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 4 Regular Tables Cahs Game or 2 Zoom Tables. Its up to you how many tables you can play and still be at your A game. Just try a bit and find the best amount for you and focus on it and to watch TV at the same time or something like that...

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I played at 12 tables,it is very difficult.I need a lot of attention, I won’t open tables in such quantity anymore)but from 12 tournaments I reached the final table and won the tournament.There are pros and cons everywhere

N

neonprpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's difficult to deside.Playing only one table,it's a bit boring but you can keep track of what's happening more easily.I have noticed I tilt more easily when playing multiple tables.