Online Poker in the next decade

L

loaderseven

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any thought of the online poker will develop in the next 10 years?

My thought:

1. The development of the new AI will totally ruin the online poker, and less drastic counter measures are taken by the site by developing tech such as facial recognition, motion capture of the head moment from a webcam during play.
2. US Gov will slowly in a snail pace to regulate the online poker/gambling/sportbetting.
3. The once promised Asian poker markets open ( expect VPNing) , but the popularity will decline very quickly due to other cheap and exciting form of entertainments, and the skill gaps.
4. Increased Rake, " More rake the better"

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For the good of Online poker I hope you are wrong I believe sites will overcome and bring solutions to this problems an example of it is party poker ... I like to be optimistic and always hope for the best but also prepare for the worst I hopoe like there will be a super AI poker site will figure the way to detect and prevent this bot to be active when running the software... but of course where there is money there will always be bad shity people trying to steal it

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting!

Well, the main development is of course going to be virtual reality.

VR poker is already gaining momentum.

I've been giving a lot of thought to A.G.I. or 'super ai' recently, and the impact it's going to have on our lives but, funnily enough, I didn't extend the train of thought to it's impact on internet poker... :laugh:

I like to hope & imagine that we will create something benevolent because (despite what my dad thinks) after singularity, there is no feasible way we could control it...

It's going to be an exciting ride, for better or worse..! :biggrin:

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that talking about 10 years is a lot for online poker, technology is currently growing at a rate never seen before and we are not only talking about artificial intelligence but also quantum computers with the capacity to perform operations that were previously only in our imagination. This can be very favorable for online poker or simply end it. Not only technology can positively or negatively affect poker, but also all the factors of our reality, since a global economic collapse would destroy the world as we know it. In 10 years so many things can happen that I simply can't imagine it haha. Hopefully everything is for good and this world of online poker progresses !!

B

BundesBurger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have eyes in your head you can see that a global economic collapse is imminent!:ciao:

That being said, a new poker provider will come who will offer a fair game through complete transparency and control and all players worldwide will go to this provider and enjoy a new gaming experience. The new one is becoming a billionaire and all old providers are gone. That's how I imagine it for the next few years.:cool:

L

loaderseven

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have eyes in your head you can see that a global economic collapse is imminent!:ciao:

That being said, a new poker provider will come who will offer a fair game through complete transparency and control and all players worldwide will go to this provider and enjoy a new gaming experience. The new one is becoming a billionaire and all old providers are gone. That's how I imagine it for the next few years.:cool:

I dont see how they going to bypass the regulation. For many countries the bank will not process the payment due to regulatory of money laundering.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker will still continue to grow for the next years, as long as people are able to keep putting more money into it. I've noticed that over these past 10 years, besides what happened to the US market for online poker, it's been easier and easier for people from other countries to move their money in and out of poker. And now, online poker is starting to make a comeback in the US. So, poker will just keep on going as it is, in my opinion.

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Envisioning online play 10 years from now.. The tech people use now was like inconcievable to me 10 years ago. I have hopes for the best. One thing that would be good I think is if the sites and gov collaborate for security reasons and a fair rake/tax system.