Are Online Poker games totally random?

atamian85

atamian85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think its random i think its all pre set and they know exactly what cards are coming out already theres to many bad beats and everything els you will see playing these online tourneys.. but also they give you a good hand and they either give someone or even two other people the same thing but alittle better just to suck you in knowing that you cant fold thinking you have everyone els beet but theres two other people with the same exact hand as you if not better

H

huggster81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No you have not seen this happen more than 80% of the time, or at least not over any kind of meaningfull sample. What happen is, that humans tend to remember bad things more than good things, and the worst thing, that happen to us during a poker tournament, is to get eliminated. Per definition we can only get eliminated by someone with a larger stack, and therefore it can seem to us, that the large stack always gets lucky.

The next step in the process is confirmation bias. When you have already gotten it into your head, that the games must be rigged, you will start to look for confirmation of your idea. You will therefore begin to notice hands, you are not even involved in, and see every single hand, where the biggest stack win, as evidence, that your conspiracy theory is right. Whereas if the short stack win as in this hand from a recent final table, I played, you dont even notice it.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624HlrEqV

Best answer,we see what we think to see. In my early online years, i thought it maybe was based on your entrance number. The page would prefer some random seats to get to the final table. Today i know it is bs. Everybody is playing different with same cards. I think you could not manage to rigg all games in that way, after two days every big stack at every table would play all-in.

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually every day I hear or read more situations like this, more people who complain in the same way and about the same situation, I really don't know if it is true but I begin to doubt many situations of online poker, it is a shame that the houses of online poker, gambling platforms, manipulate everything even though they earn fortunes of money for the simple participation of all of us, I think they border on the scam

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
they should be ... Although from experience I have seen that in most all-ins always in a high percentage, very high, the one with the most chips wins

Top 10 Games