thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started 5 years ago with bankrill 100$ and played NL2(the smallest limit on pokerstars).I recommend u to start with this limit,because there are a lot of beginers here and u can win there some money.
DONT FORGET ABOUT bankroll.Even Negreanu or Ivey have rough patches.U must have at least 20 buy-ins.
I prefer cash and recommend u to start with cash(NL2).
Yes,I am profitable.
Read some books or watch guides from Negreanu or other videobloggers.
Good Luck.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I started playing two years ago.
My first deposit was $ 20. I lost this money in two hours.
I usually play only in MTT tournaments.
At the moment, I have no profit from the game.
In the future, I plan to devote more time to playing and learning.
My advice to you, always be patient and persistent player.
Good luck.

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start in 2011 to play
Let's say that my start mode were the Sit & Go
Today in my present I consider myself strong in the modality of Cash and Mtts.
My biggest achievement in 2012 Win the online participation to represent my country in an international tournament (Panama) and then stay champion with my team. From there, there are very good online earnings.
A spectacular experience, get to know Cardschat and learn from everything you have for your members.
Advice that I would give, dedication and study, analysis of your game and how to improve it, reinvent yourself.

r_iiiichard

r_iiiichard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I actually started in 2017, just playing freeroll and winning some PS tickets. I found it sensational to be able to learn and have the possibility of real gains, I loved it. For six months studying, I have a preference for STT and MTT. It depends on the day and time to play. It's difficult for me to still qualify for a lucrative or not, I realize that I've been playing better, but I do not have enough volume yet to respond, I hope to go deeper in the next 6 months and get a definition of being profitable or not
I have been learning that not only in poker but in life in general, it is necessary to plan, to have goals and to fall in love with everything that is done, that is the only way to success. Love your way, the prizes are waiting for you.

W

WarEagle1266

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker when I was a teenager around 2005 when poker started becoming a big televised event. In 2007, I started playing online a bit with a $100 deposit, and never really made much money; by 2009, I had about $170 and stopped playing after I joined the Army for 5 years. I played in some local home games and some tourneys the Army put together while I was in and always did really well; I had read Super System, Full-tilt's tourney strategy guide, and one of Daniel Negreanu's books, and no one else had invested near as much time into learning poker as I had. In fact, I stopped being invited to some home games, so maybe I should have lost a few on purpose, haha. Anyway, my experience online was nothing like that. Perhaps it was because of the lower stakes and the looseness of the players, or because people tend to be a bit more knowledgeable of the game online than in a small home game. I stopped playing altogether about 5 years ago and just picked it back up again 2 weeks ago, and I can tell that my age has matured me as a player. While I'll have to work on my intuition a bit more to get back to where I was in 2007, I am much more patient now, and bad beats don't bother me as much. Two weeks isn't very long to determine profitability, but I'm quite profitable (from $150 to $450) just playing 6-max and 9-max SNGs. My goal isn't to make a living on poker, but it would be nice if it would pay for itself (travel to bigger tourneys, hotel, dining, etc.). My advice to any newer player is to keep your ego in check; one of the worst things that can happen to a beginning player is place high in their first tourney and think they are naturally good at poker. They may think they know enough to be profitable, but there is always more to learn. Another pitfall I've learned to avoid is to attribute a player's success at your table as just being lucky and to start being angry about his/her luck; however, many times you will face players that are just simply better than you, and you should adjust your play-style to combat their skill advantage and try to learn from their play.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I started playing online poker in 2011 on Pokerstars, of course :p

In the beginning, I played Play Money Games, Poker School Open League and Daily freerolls awarding tickets for Weekly Round 2 - where you could earn some cash. Earning tickets for Weekly Round 2 was not an easy task as qualifying freerols were all type of poker games one after another: Omaha, HE, Razz, Stud, 2-7, 5 Cards Draw, HORSE, Courchevel, etc. But it had a positive side too, as I learned to play all these varieties of poker, and I may say some of them I am doing very good and are my favorites up to date!

In these early times of my poker journey, there were also other interesting events like SEE League (South East European League games with LB structure) and from time to time also special events only for Bulgarian players ... So I must omit that these early times were much more interesting than nowadays, but eeeh ...

After a while I discovered other poker forums offering freerolls and LB awards, so I took chance of these, too. Opened an account at Full Tilt where I actually had better results than on PS. I still cannot achieve my largest cash out at FT, where using my last 2 cents I entered a 0,02+R satty for Double Deuces mtt - won an entry without a single rebuy and cashed 102 USD in that DD event. That happened in 2013, when Pokerstars already owned FT, so all my winnings from FT I had transferring to PS, what was wrong afterwards as I still could not improve my results on PS :(

Shortly after that I found CardsChat forum and joined, but I was not much active first couple of years. As soon as I started to be more active, I discovered how much opportunities CC is giving to its members to practice and learn the poker game from all aspects you could imagine. Playing with other CC members is priceless in terms of improving your skill level. And here I must add that CC League level of play has no analogue or I still did not found such :top: The people here at CC are awesome, that is why our community is so prosperous and attractive alongside with all the great promotions and events ran on daily basis!

What else I am doing to become better (recreational) player is to watch poker vlogs from favorite players like Ryan Laplante, Matt Voughan, Doug Polk, etc. Also reading strategy articles released from Poker Upswing and other available poker resources...

I never deposited my own money in any poker room so far, and I do not intend in future too (except if some attractive Live Game is in question). I am playing only with money earned from freerols, leaderboards, special events and so on. But in the same time I could not say I am profitable at this stage. Still looking for my best type of game, still looking for a big shot, I am exercising in order to improve my skills and try constantly new formats and limits. Something I have limited a year ago are cash games, because of awful experience there. But I am actively put my shots on mtt's, sit&goes, spin&goes with different success. Also when I have enough time to play long sessions - I try my luck in main events like SCOOP, Micromillions, Common Cents, WCOOP and similar ...

The best advice was already given: patience! I would add also to consider every opportunity in every hand you are involved, to think on all aspects: whole cards, your stack size, opponents stack size, opponents stats, opponents notes, reading opponents sizing, flop cards, size bet, how to exploit the flop, turn and river, how to exploit the opponent, how to win that event - and all of this before your next action on the table :D

GL and see you on the felts :top:

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for sharing your journey man

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started a long time ago like 8-9 years ago at the height of the poker craze. I stopped playing for seven years or so until I got back into it this past January.

I realize the biggest challenge is maintaining your bankroll. I cannot stress how important it is that when you are losing you don't just keep playing with more and more money to try to win everything back.

Understand your goals and abilities.

For me this means that I MUST avoid SnG hyper turbos at all costs.

I'm not too good with the cash game either.

I've identified my strength is in tournament poker. The hours are long, but the initial deposit is small, and the rewards are great if you can make final table.

In fact recently I've gained a lot of experience fighting it out at final table which has really helped my overall game.

Whatever you decide, make sure you play within yourself, and know how to take a step back and stop playing when necessary.

Keep track of how much money you put in and how much money you withdraw. If you are one of those players constantly depositing it may mean you need to take a step back and re-evaluate whether you are playing at the right stakes or with the right bankroll management.

BTW, the last two days have been my most profitable this past year getting close to $1100. However I've had days where I would win $100 and slowly bleed it until I lose all $100. This is what I mean about being smart and consolidating your gains. You don't want to give back everything you have earned.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just over 2 years playing online poker, I started at playmoney and deposited mirgrei for the real game by taking advantage of a pokerstars promotion.
But in my opinion it is not time that form great players, it is the concept of each one, because each player has a style of play.
Sometimes the more I play the more mistakes I make in poker, sometimes I have to take the time to play my best poker again.
Freerolls are a great opportunity for you to keep in the game without paying, I usually win a little freeroll and I always multiply everything on the cash gamer tables.

V

verybadatpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't remember which site it was on, but I started with freerolls about 5-6 years ago on one of them and mostly played sit and go's with the profits till I had about $200 on the site.
I took a few year break and have just done a few freerolls and some small cash games with the winning from those on ACR in the last few weeks. I haven't been able to find a sit and go game yet when I wanted one, but will probably try to do some of those instead of the cash games, I tend to do better with them.