Online Poker Bots Opinions wanted

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bots, bots, bots. I have yet to hear anyone name one single bot on any site ever. People just come in here and say bots are everywhere, taking their money, but they never mention who the bots are!!! Crying into the internet isn't helping. Name names or cry to your mammy.

I can't remember which video it was, but https://www.youtube.com/user/joeingram1 calls out the bot accounts on ACR. I think createmyownenergy was one of them.

I value your opinion as a poster so check out the videos below, and let me know your thoughts.

This one talks about bots, but the other ones are good as well.
\/

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can't remember which video it was, but https://www.youtube.com/user/joeingram1 calls out the bot accounts on ACR. I think createmyownenergy was one of them.

I value your opinion as a poster so check out the videos below, and let me know your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBo3PhOg8wQ

This one talks about bots, but the other ones are good as well.
\/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHP2F9auRco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhNANPYPsX8

More than anything, I was just frustrated at people talking about bots and never having the nerve to call out names. I did watch the videos and I have no reason to dispute anything he said. I can confirm some of his points like collusion is rampant and phil Nagy is a scum bag. Security is nonexistent. Ive reported collusion before and was completely ignored. These are some of the reasons I don’t deposit to wpn anymore.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More than anything, I was just frustrated at people talking about bots and never having the nerve to call out names. I did watch the videos and I have no reason to dispute anything he said. I can confirm some of his points like collusion is rampant and phil Nagy is a scum bag. Security is nonexistent. Ive reported collusion before and was completely ignored. These are some of the reasons I don’t deposit to wpn anymore.

I can understand you being frustrated with people using bots as an excuse for losing, but I'm glad to see your view points on Phil and his network. I can't wait until the USA can get regulated poker.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Who says regulated poker will make any difference for the botting and collusion problems versus unregulated?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who says regulated poker will make any difference for the botting and collusion problems versus unregulated?

It will probably not eliminate it, but it will make it harder. Most regulated sites have software recognition and other detective software. pokerstars is good about not letting you run certain software in the background (I know because the client gave me a popup about it, and I received an email from PokerStars.) wsop is somewhat good about HUD detection. Players have gotten banned for having HUDs.

Again, I'm not saying that it will fix the issue 100%, but I do believe that regulated sites make more of an attempt to stop "bad behavior" then unregulated sites.

Last edited:
sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bots, or mulitple id players...both are bad for the game

It's a big bummer that people don't believe and obviously don't realize there ARE bots in online poker rooms. It's a simple program for the site...just "match up" playing scenarios, pot odds and betting schemes and you're good to go. I'm just tired of the "lopsided deal outs" and the frequency of the big stacker getting DEALT better cards to play about 80% of the time...not to mention the HORRIBLE suq outs which seem to occur more often FOR the bigger stacked players who chase out a hand all the way to river. Ever notice the "lag" at some sites, especially ACR? It becomes MORE THAN obvious to witness the percentages of river winners which go to the bigger stacked player...no matter what or when they play a hand. If people don't think there can be programs devised to do the things which are being mentioned, such as Bots, Multiple Id's, Paid Reps, Filler seat players, ETC>>>Then, not only are those people "delusional", it's a good possibility that those "types" are involved in the process in some way or the other. Keep on fightin' the good fight and avoid doing the PRE FLOP GUESSER bets against a "suspected" player. The sites are designed to give those types of players the head to head wins at a rate of about 80%. All you have to do is watch ALL levels of play to witness these things. Happy 2019.;)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is useless to pay attention to players suspected of using bots.
not all rooms are struggling with this

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that we can deal with bots at Pokerstars???

R

rgp007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Report to support, in any room. Print and send email.

Whit Nick, who mistrusts

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Bot talk is real:0) So many people say things about Bots knowing and playing the right hands I think its luck at the right dumb time:0) Its computers, only the system knows the truth:0) giggity giggity beeboobopbop

S

StraightValue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the easiest way to tell if it's a bot or not is how long it takes to make certain calls/raises/bets.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker rooms themselves use bots for profit. Here we will live, when a quantum computer with an artificial intelligence will begin to consistently beat the person. Then it will be another poker, as in the program on the Discovery Channel, Battle of Robots. But will poker live after that? If you can consistently earn artificial intelligence.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker bots are in every poker-site. some are crude and not worth a dime, while some are O K. I've looked into the poker-bot world just to see what i might be up against. From what i have dug up, anyone truly wanting to use a bot, can and will use them. While many are set-up for micro/low cash ring grinding, some have programming features that allow for tournament play. Also, many "Botters" are beginners, but given time and play can become serious threats. Poker-sites somewhat allow these programs to play. Why might you ask?, well the simple truth is that it helps generate action on the site, and action means profit. Now, with that said bots in freerolls are also beginning to appear. Think about it. No cost to enter, play as many as possible, and if the bot is too good then site can simply freeze account and reclaim their money.

So Bots abound everywhere!. I say bring them on! If a poker-site is willing to let them play, I am willing to figure out who they are, and use that knowledge.

And with that, may i say
"May the odds be always in YOUR favor "

U

Uiliam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in the pokerstars online. Sometimes I think was both player, because is impossible hands calls in the tables.

A

Atrevino247

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you honestly don’t believe in bots or don’t think they’re playing at every major poker site not called poker stars then you’re dumber than the most simplistic bot and hey... more than happy to see you at the tables.

A

Atrevino247

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the easiest way to tell if it's a bot or not is how long it takes to make certain calls/raises/bets.
That’s outdated info friend a good Botter has made improvements to their bot to act in a more random manner

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont believe in bots, for me its an excuse by the losers.
I would not say so categorically. I play spin n go on Pokerstars and quite often I get the idea that I play bots against me, since their actions are illogical, they go all-in with very weak hands and .... oh, good luck! on the river, their combination is amplified "randomly." This happens quite often.

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to be successful, I try not to get too upset when someone beats me out with their bad play. I sometimes wonder instead of bots, do they have some cheat program people have access to? If I'm all in with KK, how can someone logically put their tournament at stake with J6 and win?!!?

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the bots are everywhere... they are around us... they walk and walk and walk... bastards...
Only bot can win a bot...
I when to sleep I lay down... аnd nearby the girl bot... At job go bots too...
in short... for us soon the end of the world...))))
:icon_pale:icon_pale:icon_pale:icon_pale:icon_pale

OMG..my last ex and my other ex and my ex before that..and maybe some of the others...THEY WERE BOTS! Thanks for helping me figure that out monstr! They didn't chat much which is a sure fire tell.:eek:

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is an old issue but it is still worrisome, I would love to say that "what without proof is accepted, without proof is rejected", but it is a dubious terrain and nobody dares to get wet. For my part I think that the Houses surely have some bots in high density tournaments like freerolls, and since they are theirs, it would not be inconvenient if they could "anticipate" the flop and river cards.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in fact, the problem of bots will always be relevant, especially in new poker rooms, where the room is still developing and the security service pays little attention to this