Can Online Poker Become an Addiction?

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea. Anything in life can be an addiction.

L

lyndap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything can be an addiction

If you don't know how to manage your bank and go on tilt often, then yes you could have an addiction. Learning self control is important. There is a reason why they have support groups for such things. If you believe you have an addiction you need to seek help before it damages your personal life.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't know how to manage your bank and go on tilt often, then yes you could have an addiction. Learning self control is important. There is a reason why they have support groups for such things. If you believe you have an addiction you need to seek help before it damages your personal life.
I need help I can't stop masterbating, who should I speak to?

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is very addictive....I had gambling problems with slot machine but for me poker is more addictive then stupid slot becouse i dont think of poker as gambling......until i lose all money LOL

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is there a tilt in your game you mean you are addicted

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi my noble, you can be sure that online poker can become an addiction in a person's life. If you look for homes for people who are sick for games that have ruined your family, they have ruined your work and other things. Everything in life there is a limit. Play poker without harming or harming other people.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can say that online poker is very addictive, everything has a correct way of use, and that must be applied here as well.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whichever you character and attitude to the game if you're on your own dependent person it is likely that you will have addiction to online poker

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, that poker can be considered as drug addiction, so we must try to limit ourselves in the game!!!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Online poker is the best poker that is offered globally , any stake any time wanted , cash or tournaments , it's simply the best addiction , not harmfull but joyfull .

Yes we love online poker :)

D

dpellsdaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it can if you let it be. For me personally, Ive definitely got in ruts where I found myself not doing social things and missing parties to play. Having a family now has cut into my poker time lately, and that's fine. But I love the game and will play whenever it is appropriate to.

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% can be a dependency. All people are dependent on something :)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, online poker can become a drug addiction, if a person likes it, it is more and more drawn into the game and it becomes dependent on it, you need to keep yourself in hand and control your actions to which you can be tightened and you will become dependent on the game!

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ofcorse to often playing can be addicted,you have many games to offer on stars no juste poker........

D

damir1991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
very quickly can be addictive like any thing which you can make money from casiono to gambling

Dim4ik555

Dim4ik555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of chance. This can be equated to addiction. If you just play with friends it's not scary. But when in pokers thousands of dollars lost, it is already a disease. Gambling needs to be controlled.

X MaCs X

X MaCs X

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of Course!

I wouldnt say Im 'addicted" but when i have spare time I play poker. and i think about it a lot. :D So yea, in some cases it can be worse then drugs <---- not nice to say but ive seen people lose thousands in seconds. moderation is key! :D

D

dilip00008

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is addictive in losing and winning on both situation.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Yes! If I don't play one day, then I have a feeling that something I did not !
70d7dfe1_1.jpg

Last edited:
schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,it is addictive,that is why you need to play with moderation after a plan. Do not play to many tournaments in one day and do not play more then a fix % in one day. ex.(bankroll = 100 usd you play 2 tournaments with buy ins less than 1$.

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything you enjoy can be mentally addicting.