Online Poker ban in my state:(

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My state recently banned all forms of online gambline,betting and any form of games that offer money including poker. It's a good,welcome move considering the number of people who got into debt because of gambling online and lost their lives. And that triggered the government to take action. As a common man that is a welcoming change, but as a poker enthusiast, it's not so good move.
Whatever the game be, please be in control friends. Borrowing money to play games with the desire to earn money never ends well. And it will trigger changes that will affect the entire healthy culture that recreational and pro's have. Please be in control.

PS: if anyone is in india and face the same state ban, let me know how you guys are dealing with the ban. Any ways around?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does a VPN allow you to get under the radar if they ask you for residential street address verification and national ID card proof?

Exactly. If a poker site does not offer its services in your area, then just accept it and dont play there. Trying to cheat the site using VPN and false documents will often end in tears. Google "Gordon Wayo pokerstars" to see, what I mean ;)

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sad to hear (read) that, but I'd say that measure, no matter how sad or drastic might be for you as a player, it really speaks well of your goverment and country. As for any way out for that, I'd also say don't cheat any site with false information.
They also banned or restricted Live Poker there?

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By banning online games, the government will not achieve much. Addicts will find some other way to try to make money, maybe at a local bookmaker or something similar. The problem is in their heads and not in online gambling.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't ACR open to India?
I mean they give a sh*t about legal issues when accepting US players,
so why would they care about an indian law.
If the US can't enforce their ban then how can India ?
And since ACR offers crypto payments you have a way of doing transactions
without having to go through banks regulated in India...

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a poker room accepts players from your country and your government is blocking access, what's the obstacle to using a VPN? I am currently playing via VPN on two poker rooms which when I registered were not blocked and have been for some time. and I have to use a VPN without changing my home data, the poker room accepts this.

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a VPN might work?
Yes. We can play using vpn, but its cheating and you cannot withdraw the amount as you have to provide necessary identification.

Sad to hear (read) that, but I'd say that measure, no matter how sad or drastic might be for you as a player, it really speaks well of your goverment and country. As for any way out for that, I'd also say don't cheat any site with false information.
They also banned or restricted Live Poker there?
Live poker is not banned, but is already restricted to being open only in international waters.

Isn't ACR open to India?
I mean they give a sh*t about legal issues when accepting US players,
so why would they care about an indian law.
If the US can't enforce their ban then how can India ?
And since ACR offers crypto payments you have a way of doing transactions
without having to go through banks regulated in India...

Yes, We can still play on international sites but it will be near impossible to withdraw. Trading of cryptos and exchanging them for any services or accepting it as a means of currency or payment is also illegal in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That sucks

My state has recently passed the bill allowing online gambling and sportsbetting. Sorry about that friend.

Z

Stay Safe

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the government (politicians) can't make any money from it they make it illegal.

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
hm i think i know atleast 2,3 poker rooms for india players only do they get ban too

D

DavPerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's rough. You can try different work arounds. Like if you can get 8 other people organized together, collect a central pot and play on a free poker site, then distribute the winnings according to who won.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol has ruined more families by far than gambling. Not to mention the physical abuse that their other and their children suffer by a drunk... Just my thoughts....