online or live

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you like to play online or live? Is your online tactic different from a live game tactic

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play only online. I like that I do not need to go anywhere and if there is even a little time I can play.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Personally I prefer live games. Sitting with people provides more information through talks and physical behaviour as well as the possibility to use some tricks we can't use online. It is true that online play offers some convenient advantages like time and travel saving, plus the comfort of home, but relying on bet pattern and the amount of time taken does not really make up for the amount of information we get at a live table. Just an opinion !

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i preffer live, but where i live is almost impossible. only home games. but still more fun playing live than online. andi do play totaly different

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the convenience and speed of online play, personally. I enjoy playing live, but don't do it enough to be nearly as effective.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play both, but online is easier to play as I have to drive a couple hours to play live. I try to play the same way either way, you know your outs in both and your odds... The biggest difference is actually seeing your opponent in a live game. People tent to give off signs if you have played with them for awhile so you can actually have an advantage live you don't get online.

Vadim_King

Vadim_King

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I play online, but I like live tables more and I think that at a live table I play more carefully and attentively than at online tables :)

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played live couple times and it was not really successfull for me. It was definitely fun and I would like to play time after time live poker but most of the time I prefer to play online poker on my couch :)

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
while online offers convenience its a much different game then live. people are willing to take more risk cause buyins are much smaller and there is always another game of some kind to get into. Live i prefer but not always easy to find a game but much more info can be read. More interaction body language etc.
Some prefer online some prefer live, its a personal preference

X

Xpka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you like to play online or live? Is your online tactic different from a live game tactic
I play live, and new in online, and honestly live I am quit good, can't tell but I all playing years, I have more than 25% cash outs, and 0.35% online :))))) in live cash games 2/2 75% have profit. Online can't play, didn't understand style of playing. Maybe I am really old fashion

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We in Uzbekistan are forbidden to gamble on this I play only online.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I prefer live games. Sitting with people provides more information through talks and physical behaviour as well as the possibility to use some tricks we can't use online. It is true that online play offers some convenient advantages like time and travel saving, plus the comfort of home, but relying on bet pattern and the amount of time taken does not really make up for the amount of information we get at a live table. Just an opinion !

I totally agree that live games are way softer. Per hand you'd probably have a much larger winrate than online, not sure how that compares to the sheer amount of volume you can put in online though. I'd assume that if you're a solid winning player this far outweighs reads/fishyness of live games.

Organize a Home Poker Game