Notes in Poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online gambling rooms allow you to post notes to other poker players. Would you consider this to be an indispensable tool to determine your performance in poker?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you are playing MTT with a large number of players, your notes may not be particularly useful. But if you prefer cash games, then notes may be more useful. In any case, they need to be written.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Irina correctly noted
little effective for large fields
but they are absolutely necessary and one should not be lazy to do it.
but after certain periods the notes may no longer be relevant
..if at first a person does not play very well in your opinion, then, for example, after half a year he gained experience and began to play better
therefore, players, even with notes on them, should always be treated with attention without relying on a note about him

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say it's indispensable because of HUDs, but it is important.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
Taking notes on folks is a very healthy poker tool. Not sure if you do, but I do on each player showing their hand.
Good Luck with your game!
Dan'O

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A few days ago, I started writing notes about players. I think this is an effective mechanism for improving the quality of the game. Thanks to my notes, I have already made some good and correct decisions.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes useful every time. Maybe next time you meet opp and know what things he could do not obviously such shit that you'd noticed but kind of this

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would not call notes in poker an indispensable tool, but they are definitely useful !!!

miziel

miziel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Notes might be useful if you meet with the same player often.
For me noting hand/position makes it a bit easier to assume opponents range in similar spots.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pretty good tool to label good player and people that are always fishing. maybe your run into them at a final table and you'll know a bit more about how they play.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I see something weird that people do in tables that I could use to my advantage I will do notes for it. Like player limp folds a lot even in short stack it's usefull information to use in advantage and raise more than you should. Or if player limps 8bb in KK+ and every other ones shove you could use that information next time also

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, there is no unnecessary information and everything that happens at the table has value, so keeping records is a very necessary thing, in poker, any little thing can be an advantage.:)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have never used notes about players in the idea that I have to make my game according to what cards I have, maybe the player I put notes on does not have a constant game and this can lead me astray, as everyone thinks.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes in poker, in my experience, are a very important tool.
but if you have a HUD, the HUD is more essential than the notes.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, to some extent, this is a useful property and skill. And in General, with notes you feel closer to the game. Personally, I don't take notes. I don't need it.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes are a very important thing for a poker player, and it is not even discussed.
The notes should be treated with care - not only periodically updated and carefully compiled, but also constantly have backups.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I find notes to be a very useful tool. I have been taking notes for about a year now and sometimes it really helps me avoid mistakes.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like the feature and has come in handy when I play against someone that I haven’t played with in a long time and would have never remembered them otherwise.
But I only do a note if it’s something that’s a main way they play. Or if there really good or really bad.
I don’t go over board and note every little thing.

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a good idea, it depends on the tournament you are playing, but it is always good to have some information to know who you are playing against.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you know how to make notes, you can make good decisions in the future. If you don't know it can even get in your way.

L

lynnster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
notes on opponents

There are so many players at any given time on sites, it is hard to keep track. And how often do you really end up at the same table with noted players.:confused:

G

Germanets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you often play on the same level of buy-ins in the same room - notes will be definitely useful. I make notes for few weeks and have note list with 100+ players, and already met ~ten of them one more time on the one table. Of course, there is a lot of players in MTT, and chance to meet this one player is not vary big, but when you do it day-by-day - statistically it will help you.
One more thing that I got during writing notes - is level of confidence in play style of player. For example - I have a feeling that this player plays too many hands, but - am I sure enough to write it? It helps me to spend more time to analyze his\her actions.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
online gambling rooms allow you to post notes to other poker players. Would you consider this to be an indispensable tool to determine your performance in poker?

It's a good tool indeed, but not indispensable. It's a very good tool if you encounter players you had played with before and eventually already taken notes on them as this don't take place so frequently.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use notes too much, so my answer would be no.